Terrence Montemayor-Saavedra

Terrence Montemayor Saavedra

I WAS tapping my foot on a rug underneath my seat as I rubbed my hands against my knees. I could hear the roar of the people outside. They're shouting my name, craving to see my band. This happened many times, more than the times that I think of, but why always I feel this way right now? I'm shivering.

Hindi ako kinakabahan dahil magpe-perform ulit ako, na panibagong concert na naman ng banda ko, kinakabahan ako dahil baka nandito na siya ngayon. The girl whom I'm trying to find, but still, I couldn't.

The girl who I do not remember, yet why am I possessed by an unconditional excitement. The girl who had babysat me. Hindi ko man siya maalala pero nararamdaman ko ang malaki nyang parte sa aking pagkatao.

The girl had been my babysitter.

"Jumbo..." I nodded as I whispered the word. Ito lang ang salitang tumatak sa isipan ko. The only lead I had aside from the thing I have in my pocket.

I sighed. Kanina pa ako nakaupo subalit ngayon ko lang napansin si Kyo Montenegro sa harapan ko. He's lying down on a couch a few steps away from me. And like he always do before the concert, he's sleeping. He's my lead guitarist, anyway.

Marahas na bumukas ang pinto at iniluwa noon si Sadie. She was panting when she gets near me. "Why the sudden change of mind? You want to cancel our wedding? Again?"

Hindi ko siya kinibo. She has the right to ask about the wedding dahil maraming beses na itong nakansela nitong mga nakaraang taon.

In just a nick of time, iniluwa naman ng pintuan si Cloud Deogracia, the younger brother of Michael Angelo Deogracia, my drummer at the same time. Nakaakbay siya sa dalawang babae sa magkabila niya. His blonde hair is almost covering his eyes while he was smiling at me. "Sorry, T. She insisted." Ang tinutukoy niya ay si Sadie.

I stood up and faced Sadie, I looked down at her. "It's about Ronnel," I answered in a deep tone.

"W-what do you mean?"

"You tell me."

She swallowed. "W-what about our son?"

Matalim na mga mata ang ipinukol ko sa kanya. "He. Is. Not. My. Son."

Namuo ang mga luha sa gilid ng kanyang mga mata. "I-I can explain."

I want to slap her. I want to hurt her. I want her to feel how she makes my life terrible today because she lied to me several years. I want to smack her and I'm gonna do it right now!

But Cloud stopped me. "Hey, Dude. She's still a woman."

"Shut up, Deogracia!" I snapped.

Napayuko na lang siya habang napapailing.