𝟎𝟏𝟐 | 𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

Charlotte Blanchard was awakened by the sound of rain against the window of her dorm. A gloomy glow of morning light streamed through a thin crack between the curtains and landed at the end of her bed, shining upon the pile of books she'd stayed up reviewing.

She thought that if she could study battle plans and war tactics, maybe she could share them with Harry, Ron, or Hermione to help them decide what their next move would be until the attack on one of the enemy's prisons at the end of the month.

"Ev?" Lottie rose from the bed, still tired despite the decent few hours of sleep she'd managed to get overnight. "Are you up yet?" She blinked a few times and planted her feet on the floor as stood up. The girl stretched as she wandered over to her friend's bed.

She extended an arm and pulled back the slightly opened bed curtain, only to find that the bed had been neatly made with a thin stack of blankets and bed linens piled upon it.

Lottie's face twisted in confusion at the odd sight. Evanna was a decently neat and tidy person, but she'd said on several occasions that it was a waste to make a bed when you'd just return to it that evening. It made sense because time was a precious thing that no one could manage to spare— especially not in a time like this.

One thing was true... not everyone who woke in their bed would return to it.

Luna didn't.

Charlotte brought a hand to her face, rubbing her eyes in an attempt to remove the last traces of tiredness from her features.

She quickly readied herself before hurrying out of her dorm. She made her way towards the great hall, hoping to catch the last few minutes of breakfast before everyone would continue to their daily tasks and duties that were expected of them.

She'd simply have to look for Evanna later.

•••

"Now... I want you to do as I said last time," The deep voice came from behind her as if the boy was circling in. "Raise your wand."

Evanna heaved a sigh as she felt her hand shake, unable to complete the task. "I— I don't think I can do it—"

"Do this for me, darling, it has to be you..."

She flinched as his hands came to her shoulders, but her body calmed beneath his touch as his fingers gently traced down her arms.

Her throat was dry from the icy winter wind around them, and the eerie noises that came from the shadows around them did nothing to calm her nerves. Her body began to shake due to the cold as she clutched her wand a little tighter.

"For me, love. Don't you want to make me proud?"

"This doesn't feel right—"

"It never does at first... but trust me... think of how powerful this will make you feel."

Evanna gave a small nod as she fell prey to his soothing words of assurance. She wanted to believe him, but she didn't think that this was the right way to give him what he wanted. She ignored the voice in her brain that was screaming at her not to do this as she raised her wand, aiming it into the darkness of the Forbidden Forrest.

A single tear rolled down her cheek as the vile and cruel words left her lips, echoing into the air around her. "Avada Kedavra..."