14. It's Harder than it Looks

A/N: Hehehe. This chapter got SO out of hand, I'm sorry, I had too much fun writing this! But it's really fun because 1) you get to say hi to another friend (and I love that scene so much), and 2) you'll see another side of Bambi AND another side of Spencer. Also- do yourselves a favour and google felt mice :)

Warnings: brief mentions of prison/jail time and being shot, brief talk about loss/grief/death and illnesses of loved ones (sick mothers), unprotected sex/penetration, handcuffs, mild impregnation kink, using a blindfold, humping, lots of praise, face sitting (yes, I know, again), spit kink, daddy/little girl kink, aftercare

Chapter Summary: When Spencer's help is requested, a trip to the bureau yields more than a few surprises for some unsuspecting people. Reader takes on a new role and learns that it's not as easy as Spencer made it seem.

Word Count: 8.5k

----------------------------------------

The air was starting to feel a lot cooler as the fall time approached. While it was a small thing, you felt like your mood was improving because of it. In poetry, the fall signalled the end of adolescence and the start of adulthood. It was the season that brought clear night skies and crisp mornings, and with these skies, a sense of stability and maturity washed over you.

The stability was due, in part, to Spencer. His shoulder was healing slowly but surely, and that was what brought you the most comfort. You still worried about him, but it was lessened now that you could see the evidence that he was recovering. And although he couldn't use it in full capacity yet, he no longer needed to use the sling.

You two had fallen into an easy routine when you were together, which was most of the time. When you weren't at work, you were at his apartment, making sure he was doing all right. For the most part, he seemed to be. You tried to dote on him, occasionally, much to his protest, but you couldn't help it. All you wanted to do was take care of him, because he was now the most special person in your life.

Now that you knew he'd gone to jail, you understood more than ever why he craved control. He'd been stripped of it there; the system and the people who exploited him had caused his trust to plummet, so it made sense that he liked to take charge of the situations he put himself in.

Even though it was a rough discussion, things were going even better between you because you'd talked about it. It was one of the reasons you knew he was starting to trust you more, and that was a huge deal for him.

Just as his trust in you had grown, you trusted him more, too. You had always trusted him, but now the trust was different. You knew him better. He wasn't just your Dom anymore, or the person you hooked up with. He was your boyfriend. And you were learning and seeing all of the different sides of him, all of the bits and pieces of his personality that worked in tandem to create who he was.

Because of this, you figured it was time for him to be able to see you through a different lens as well.

You were sitting down next to him at the desk in his study area while he was flipping through files. Most of them looked like work-related documents, but there were a few lying around that looked like student papers. It reminded you of your earlier thoughts about his lectures at Georgetown.

"Are those from your class?" you gestured to the papers.

He turned to you, realizing you'd been watching him work. "Oh, yeah, they're old, though. From my last guest lecture. Why do you ask?"

You smiled, "No reason, really. They just made me wonder if you'd be going back to lecture while you're on sabbatical."

"Oh. Not this time, no. I'm taking it easy."