Chapter 7

(Pic of Esteban above) Lea's POV

The party was relatively boring.

Our mate stayed by the princesses side and not once did i see her face.

I'll admit I was starting to get annoyed as well. I could see the other two wanted to see her as well.

Some people began leaving and going to their rooms to go to bed or rest after their long day.

Princess Ambree seemed very talkative and had visited all of the lords and ladies by the end of the night.

However I had not once heard my mate speak,

'I wonder if she's shy or just quiet?'

I thought to myself.

As more and more people began leaving there were only about ten people left at the part.

One of them being our mate who was still hidden behind the fabric.

It annoyed me greatly to think that one simple movement and we could see her face but no, that wasn't happening.

As the lord who Ambree was talking with said his goodbyes to the two I saw Ambree lean in and whisper something into our mates ear.

I could feel my hand tighten it's grip on my chair upon seeing how close Ambree was to our mate.

My knuckles were practically white. I glanced over and saw the tension in the other two's faces as well. It was clear they were just as upset.

Ambree waved goodbye to a lady and began making her to us, our mate following shortly behind.

"I wish to thank you for allowing us to stay, we bid you goodnight,"

said Ambree as she curtsied. Though my focus wasn't on Ambree. The warrior kneeled on one knee once more, the action, though simple caused my heart to skip a beat.

I looked down to her.

The hood covering her body.

She looked short and small but it only made more adorable to look at.

I ushered a servant forward to guide the two to their rooms. I also saw him offer to take Marleys hood for her.

I'm honestly surprised she kept it on the entire night. I was hot enough in a dress and she's been wearing a cloak around the entire night.

I saw our mate put her hand up and move her head, well hood from side to side, I assumed as a form of refusal.

The servant simply nodded and and held his hand out as a gesture to follow. However I didn't miss it when our mate put her head up.

I could see the face of the servant, his face said it all. Our mate revealed her face to him. He was clearly shocked, about what I don't know.

Which caused anger to surge through me.
A simple servant was able to see our mates face but not us.

The servant seems to snap back to reality as he smiled shyly to the two and ushered them to follow. Ambree turned towards our mate, smiled and followed the servant.

Our mate didn't follow right away however. She turned her head slightly towards us.

I could hear Demitri hold her breath, I assume they also saw our mate reveal her face to the boy earlier.

Through I could still not see her face I could tell she was looking in our direction.

The three of us stared back at her before a voice called out, dropping us out of our trance,

"Marley, are you coming?"

The voice was from Ambree.

The warrior looked to her direction and quickly walked towards the princess.

"Marley, I almost forgot that was her name,"

said Heather,

"Marley, what a pretty name,"

said Demitri.

"It sure is."

I said looking in the direction of our hidden mate.

————————————————————————
Authors note real quickly. Just wanted to say thank You to anyone reading this story, it means a lot! :)
-Grace B