Ch. 41 • Ep.2 Pictures

4 years later
Ace
"Papa, tell him to give it back" Nico yells

"No! It's mine , you lost yours, this is mine" Oliver yells back

I'm getting to old for this, honestly, I don't know how May deals with all of this, she's only 30, but I'm 36! Not much of a difference, but still!

Enzo is now 19, Theigo and Gio are 12, Roman is 10, Nicolas and Oliver are 8, Manolo is 6, and Elouise is 4.

"Shut it you two-" I am stopped mid sentence by a knock at my door.

"What" I yell, expecting it to be one of my men

I don't hear anything, only mumbling and lastly a quick 'sorry'. There's only one person who talks like that, Elouise.

I get up from my seat and open the door, just as I suspect, my little girl is walking down the hallway, probably to find someone else to hangout with since her mom is at work today.

"Elli" I say "come on hunny, come inside"

She quickly turns around and runs to me and I pick her up.

"Why didn't you just walk in Ellie?" I ask her

"I didn't want to disturb" she says- almost too quiet to hear

"You need to speak up Ellie" Oliver says

"Sorry" she says, hiding in my shirt

"Don't say sorry Ellie, we just need to hear you" her brother says again

"Hey Ellie" I hear Nico say, walking out of my office with his brother, "what's in your hand?"

"Pictures" she says quietly again

"Of what" I ask

"Our family" she says, slowly lifting her head from my shoulder

"Can we see Ellie?" Oliver asks

She doesn't say anything, just hands us the drawings

"Very nice, who's who?" I ask

Elouise spent the next 5 minutes explaining who everyone was, and what they were doing.

"Very nice Elouise" Nico says, and the little princess just blushes and hides in my shirt again
————————-
May
Thank god, I tell myself, I am finally home after a very long 12 hour shift at the hospital.

Typically I don't work that long because Ace ask my boss 'nicely' to have me work short hours, I later had to apologize, but the damage was already done. Not physically of corse, my boss is just now scared of me- great...

Anyways, I park the car and head towards the front door, last year Ace decided that we had to move, we still kept the old one, but only used it as a "coverup home".

This is because Ace and I were scared that more people would try to hurt us because they knew where we lived, so we only use the "coverup house" for parties or when we are having formal dinners with both allies and enemies.

The new home is about 30 minutes away from the old one, and it has a much different structure to it, both aesthetic wise and space wise.

Over the years I learned how much I hated a giant home, it would always make me feel disconnected from my family due to the amount of space between us, and it also worked as another work place for Ace and his team- I really didn't like that.