(current[2.25]);

I hated seeing Bucky in tactical gear

I hated seeing Bucky in tactical gear. I pouted the whole time he got dressed, trailing behind him, being a nuisance. I followed him all the way down to the meeting room where Nat and Steve were already gathered.

"Do you want some almonds?" I asked Bucky, offering him some from the bag I'd been eating from.

"No thanks, doll," he said distractedly, feeling around for something in his pockets. He dug his dog tags out finally and draped them around my neck.

"Thanks. Just take the almonds with you," I said. I offered him the whole bag now.

"It's fine, doll."

"What if you get hungry?"

"I'll be fine, doll."

"Just put them in one of your pockets," I said.

"There's no room," he said.

"No room?" I repeated. "You have, like, a billion pockets. There's no way you've got weapons in all of them."

I started feeling him up, determined to find an empty pocket.

"Uh, Grace?" Nat called over, interrupting Steve mid-conversation. "Do you even need to be in here right now?"

"Do you want some almonds?" I asked her instead.

"No thanks," she said, lips twitching up as she watched me finally stick my hand into an empty pocket halfway down Bucky's thigh.

"Okay, well, if you want some later, ask Bucky. He has some. Steve, you are also welcome to some almonds."

"Thanks," Steve said amusedly.

I was biting my lip to keep from laughing as Bucky reluctantly held still and let me stick the bag in his pocket.

"Feel better?" he asked when I straightened up.

"Mhm. Drink lots of water," I told him.

"Got it."

"Make good choices. Be careful. Don't get too stabby."

"What? Stabby?"

"Okay. Bye. Stay safe. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Can you guys turn around? I'm gonna kiss him," I said to Steve and Nat.

"Where was this common decency last night?" Nat muttered to Steve.

I stood up on my toes and waited for Bucky to come down. He did, and kissed me.

"Okay, bye," I said to the room. "Be careful. Eat your almonds."

"You gave her your dog tags?" I heard Steve ask when I left.

I lingered a little so I could hear Bucky answer, "Just in case."