Way Gone

*Happy Thanksgiving lovelies. Make sure yall listen to the songs before or during chapters cause YouTube and streaming music is a thing. Also vote and comment and definitely fucking enjoy. It's yummy👀👀🤤😈*

"What happened after you got home?" Nothing. It was scary to be home but Robert didn't do anything. He looked at me up and down then went back to working on his battery. For someone who kept saying the battery was done, he kept fucking with it instead of getting a job. "Did he mention the trip or you not answering his calls?" Are you listening to me?? I swear you over there writing shit for nothing. What's the point of me telling you this shit if you not gonna listen? "I'm making sure important details aren't missing Melinda. How were things for you after this trip?"

Things were.....so confusing. "In what way?" When I got back, I felt brand new in a way. Decided to start making small changes. Wearing my hair up more. When Derrick would offer up shopping trips when we left the city for business I would pick out more colors. Yellow was my newest thing. I just started to feel good and wanted to look good. I don't know if it was all the weed I was consuming daily but something was doing me some good. "And how did Robert take it?" He fucking hated it. He wanted me down in the dumps. He wanted me dark and unattractive. I had more value to him when I wasn't doing for myself.

"Where are you going like that?" Robert asked as Mel made herself a cup of coffee. "I'm going to work Robert. The same place I go every morning." "Like that?" "What's wrong with what I have on?" Scowling, Robert picked the dumbest reason to be mad. "It's too tight." I had on a button down shirt with a long pencil skirt. The shirt wasn't even tight because I still wasn't comfortable having my curves on display. He knew that. So when I didn't go change he decided to attack me another way. "You been eating a lot lately. Gaining weight and shit. No wonder you finna rip out of these damn clothes."

Putting the coffee mug on the counter, Mel glared at Robert. How dare he talk about how she was looking? He did nothing but sit in the house and eat up her food. He wasn't as fit as he thought himself to be anymore. "I'll see you when I get off work," she mumbled. "Don't be surprised when you lose that stupid ass job. Tried to tell you." He really acted like this job wasn't making things smoother at home. I was able to pay off so much debt. I still had money in my other account saved for emergencies and still had money to hand his piss poor ass when he begged for it. So what about it was stupid?

Pulling up to work, Mel spotted Jo. "Good Morning Mellie," Jo said with a giggle. "Why are you like this??" "Because I can be. Why do you look so gloomy?" "Got into it with Robert about my outfit. Am I getting fat?" "Bitch I know you lying! What you mean!?" "Robert said my clothes were getting too tight. Are they?" Jo rolled her eyes at her friend. She hated how Mel just let Robert get in her head. "Didn't you say that's what the doctor wanted you to do? Seems to me like you're getting healthier. The only thing getting fat is that donk you carrying bebind you. I think Robert getting jealous." "Jealous of whaaaat?" "The fact that Mr Collins gets to stare at that phat ass allllll day looooong."

"He does not. He's a gentleman." "Yeah for business. But if you really wanna know if you gained weight. Ask Mr Collins." "Ask me what?" Derrick's voice rang out behind them as they waited for the elevator. "Oh nothing," Mel quickly shot out. "We were having a debate about what's professional attire versus what isn't. Like for instance. Mellieeeeee's outfit. Even if it was a smidge more snug around the brassiere and expanded around the hips, it would still be professional right?" The three stepped onto the elevator Mel covered her face with her hand, trying to avoid Derrick's eyes.

You could feel the heat coming from his eyes. I didn't know if he was concerned, pissed about the unprofessional flow of this topic or if he was...... "Aroused? Or attracted to you?" Both. Not even trying to hide his eyes outlining her frame, Derrick cleared his throat before answering the question. "That would be correct. If I may ask, what brought up this discussion?" Jo pointed at Mel, forcing her to acknowledge Derrick. "I just.... thought that maybe it was inappropriate or needed to be....... bigger?" She said with uncertainty. "In my opinion you fill this out perfectly and anyone who has a problem with how....... volumptuous you are send them to my office," a husky growl leaving his voice, making her blush.