11 | Sex And Dresses

Audrey Garcia

My cheeks are stained with dry tears. Carlos and I are still on the floor beside a window. His hand is wrapped around me as he leans back on the wall so I can lay my head onto his chest. Carlos is slowly stroking my hair and has his chin resting on my head.

No. We are not cuddling. We are two enemies comforting eachother.

I honestly don't know what is happening though. We are both just laying there on the ground in the moonlight coming from outside.

"Carlos?" I whisper into his chest. "Shh." He shushes me softly and strokes my hair even more. I take in a deep breath and close my eyes, but don't fall asleep. "I never want to see you hurt by anyone who isn't me." He mutters.

"Not that I would ever harm you." Carlos whispered.

I raise my head, "Because of the alliance.. of course." He added quickly.

I nod and lay back down. I sigh into his chest and just take in this moment. After this, we go back to being enemies. I tell myself over and over again, until the phrase is stuck in my head.

Enemies.

What we were since the beginning and always will be.

A solid and silent minute passes by until a random knock on the door and someone walking in on us suddenly. I shoot my head up and Carlos quickly drops his hands to his side. "Audrey I swear if you don't beat that hoe up I wi-" Viola goes silent.

"Oh, uh." She panicks and rushes out of the room. "Use condoms!" She yells before shutting the door behind her.

My jaw drops and eyes widen, meanwhile Carlos bursts into sudden laughter. "It's not funny! Why are you laughing!" I slap his arm.
"I mean, I have some in my drawer." He smirks and I gasp loudly.

"No." I get up, "Goodbye." I put my hands up in surrender and walk out of the room. "Oh c'mon I'm joking!" I hear him shout before closing the door and walking downstairs.

I get down and search for Viola. I find her with Nolan and Fluerie in the kitchen, chatting. "Viola!" I yell. She turns her attention to me, looking surprised. "The sex was that quick?!" She says and Nolan spits out his drink while Fluerie slowly pushes away her plate with a muffin on it.

"Yes, Viola." I say sarcastically as I rolled my eyes. "You had sex with Carlos?!" Nolan yells from behind and I see all the adults shoot their attention towards us and stare from the living room.

"Audrey!" My father yells. "Dad, I swear I did not!" I say. "That's not what I'm worried about!" He replies, "I was just gonna ask if you used protection." Both Giovanni and Elena nod their heads and Elena says, "Yes, my son can't take care of himself for crying out loud! No kids please, raising him was hard enough." She jokes.

"I did not have sex with Carlos!" I clear things out, but then Carlos walks down the stairs and simply has to say something. "If we didn't have sex then I didn't win Best Male Assasin last year at the Annual Ball." He smirks

I hear everyone gasp and just as I'm about to speak up, Viola talks instead. "Oh shit! Talking about the AMB, that reminds me, it's this saturday, which is.. Fuck, tomorrow!" She looks at me with a panicked look, "We haven't had time to get dresses."

I'm about to answer but then Elena jumps off the sofa in excitment and claps her hands together, "Well don't you worry, I have some beautiful dresses you can borrow that fit the theme perfectly." She smiles, "Follow me." She grabs our hands and drags us upstairs to her bed room.

Viola and I take a seat at the edge of her bed and we watch her pull a huge box out of the back of her closet. She places the box beside us on the bed and rips the tap off to open it for us. Elena pulls out gorgeous dresses and spreads them on the bed for us to pick. She has beautiful dresses and gowns of every color, and has some gowns that come with a corset.

I allow Viola to pick first since I'm not going to pick in the first place. I am going wear my mother's dress to the ball. Luckily, the dress wasn't left at home to burn and it was in a box in the car because I was planning on getting it sowed by a professional for it to fit my size, since it was a little big on me. (picture of the dress at the top)

Viola takes her time picking, but after about 20 minutes of thinking and asking for our opinions she picked stunning baby blue dress with a white corset corset that has a flower in the center. She looked so happy and excited, and rushed to the bathroom to try it on.

"Audrey," Elena speaks, "Don't you wanna pick a dress aswell?" I smile and politely decline her offer. "No thank you. The dresses are wonderful but I wanna stick to wearing my mother's dress to the ball." She smiles, nods, and starts to neatly put the dresses back into the box.

I get up and help her. "Do you by any chance.. know how to sow?" I asked Elena as I gave her a helping hand. "Yes, my mother taught me how to sow when I was 12." She looked at me, "Why are you asking?"

Taking in a deep breath, I ask, "Can you by any chance help with a dress issue? My dress is alittle big on me and I wanna sow it and make the waist area smaller, so it fits."
Elena gives me a warm smile. "Ofcourse dear, give it to me and I'll start sowing in the morning since it's getting sort of late right now." I return the smile and give her a hug.

Viola walks out of the bathroom and spins around to give us a full view of the dress. She pulls her hair out of the ponytail and shows us the full look. "What do you think?" She asks nervously.
"You look stunning." Elena smiles. "Fucking gorgeous." I clap my hands together. "All you." She smiles and winks at me.

"Ugh, I love this dress so much!" Viola exclaims. "Keep it." Elena says with a wide smile. "What? No! I can't do that! I'll return it after the ball." Viola declines her offer.
"No please, keep it. You rock it more than I do." Elena insists, "Please."

She gives it a few seconds and then accepts Elena's offer with a big hug. "You're so sweet, thank you." Viola thanks Elena. "Anytime, sweetheart. Anytime."

I walk out of the room, in a happy mood and all is good until my face drops in realization that Carlos is gonna be my date tomorrow for the ball. I usually go to the ball with Viola as my 'date' for fun, or go with some manwhore from a mission that has forced me like I did 2 years ago.

Carlos walks by me in the hallway and stops right beside me. "Be pretty for me tomorrow, okay love?" He leans down a little to get to my level, "but not too pretty, I don't have protection in the car." He whispers, then grabs me but the hips and moves me aside so he can pass. He walks away and I watch his every step. Why does he do this to me? Why does he make me feel this type of way towards him? I hate him.

Well.. I think I do..

Do I?