Chapter 22

Bloom Pavilion

Sitting in front of the mirror, she carefully apply some of the salve on her lip. Massaging it a bit to lessen the sore.

When she is satisfied, she lay down on the bed thinking about her life in ancient world. So far she haven't encountered any huge problem yet.

"Am I going to stay here forever?" Xu Ling Ai sigh heavily. She missed everything that she had in the 21st century.

"Princess Consort!" Her chamber's room suddenly get crash by Gu Mama.

"What is it Gu Mama?" She did not even bother to get up because right now she feel very dispirited.

"Bad news! Bad news!" Gu Mama catch her breath and started to to panicked.

"You better give me a really bad news because I am in a very suck mood now." Xu Ling Ai grunt while lying on the bed. Nothing surprises her anymore.

Gu Mama pull her out of the bed. Xu Ling Ai try to put more weight so Gu Mama couldn't drag her. She is too lazy to get up.

"Go take a shower now." Gu Mama remarks surprised Xu Ling Ai.

"What? Gu Mama are you out of mind because of working too much? It's afternoon for god sake. I need to tell Li Zhao to lessen your work." Xu Ling Ai lazily respond while getting drag bu Gu Mama on the floor. She is basically like a corpse.

"Aiyaa this child! Her Majesty had summoned you the palace! Get ready now." In a blink of an eye, Xu Ling Ai suddenly stand in front of Gu Mama. That also very near to Gu Mama's face with eyes widen.

"You're joking right?" Gu Mama push Xu Ling Ai away a bit because she is too close like a zooming camera.

"A nanny has come to fetch you. She is waiting for you to get ready. I've prepared the flower shower for you. Now go!" Gu Mama push her to the bathing room and she left Xu Ling Ai to prepare her clothing and accessories.

Ever since the first day, Xu Ling Ai had told the female servant that hate it when someone help her while bathing so they never help her do it. Xu Ling Ai feel awkward letting her naked body seen by others.

"Mother in law how are you?" A sudden acting and mimicking session started in front of the the antic tub.

"Your Majesty it's nice to meet you." A very unpleasant smile appears on her face as she said that.

"Dang it. I'm very bad at this!" This is her first time being summoned by the empress. And she don't know how to behave.

'What if I did something wrong and my head got cut off?' Instantly her hand went to her neck protectively.

Xu Ling Ai crouch down to brainstorm on how she gonna get through this. She look at the tub and splash the water and flower petals in it.

"Flower shower? Just to meet mother in law? Ancient people sure know how to attract people by scent." A lady was supposed to smell good and pretty when she met her in law's.

Xu Ling Ai did not even bother to open her clothes then get straight into the tub. She still remember that she haven't tried to drown herself after her first time trying it.

The last idea she could think was to try to drown herself in the water. Putting the whole weight on her body, she drown her face in it. However, waiting until she is about to be unconscious but nothing happen so she quickly lift up her head.

"Cough! Cough!" Xu Ling Ai hit her chest to get rid off the rest of water in her lung. Her nose feel stuffy and painful.

"S-seems like I will stay here forever." She moaned loudly feeling so frustrated. At least now she knew getting drown is not the solution.

The Palace

"Princess Consort listen to my advice. Don't act rashly in front of Her Majesty." Gu Mama accompany her to the palace carriage.

"Don't worry Gu Mama. Since I couldn't go back no matter what I do, I decided to live here. And I will not destroy my own new life." Xu Ling Ai wink teasingly at Gu Mama.

She had decided to accept her fate. She will live in the ancient world If the god wanted to pick her, would have do it in the first place. But until now there's no sign of the real Xu Ling Ai coming back to the body.

'I have to plan my life here properly. I couldn't let my new life get waste. I also need to get ready if Li Zhao divorce me.' She enjoy the scenery in the palanquin.

"Princess Consort. We have arrived." The nanny notify Xu Ling Ai.

Xu Ling Ai kept her silence the whole journey to the palace. She do not feel the need to talk to the nanny that the empress assigned. Xu Ling Ai had notice when the first time she met that old woman.

The nanny was send to keep an eye on her. To make sure she came to the palace. She is not blind to notice that the nanny was judging her appearance.

"Greeting Her Majesty." Dignified button instantly turn on. She curtsy in front of the empress.

The Empress were sitting on her throne. Her position alone would make people knees buckle. Sipping her tea unbothered, her eyes eyeing Xu Ling Ai's walking in.

Her Majesty was wearing a bunch of accessories that made her look like she is the real superior in the country.

Empress Yi even deliberately ignore Xu Ling Ai presence. When Xu Ling Ai curtsy, the empress on purpose did not let her at ease.

"Be at ease." The empress let out a word after one minute. Xu Ling Ai gritted her teeth because she knew the empress is showing off her influence as the female ruler.

Xu Ling Ai asses the empress from her head to toe. She look very poised and luxurious. Hatred were clearly can be seen from her gaze.

"Xu. Ling. Ai." The empress spit out her name one by one. By now, Xu Ling Ai knew she had gain an enemy. Her own mother in law.

"Why are you so tense? I'm here as Li Zhao's mother not as the empress." Empress Yi suddenly change her tone. She sound more friendly. One would be deceived by that fake smile.

'What a joke. Stepmom to be exact.' Xu Ling Ai used her best not to roll her eyes at the empress sarcasm. In the history was told that Li Zhao's mom had died long ago so Xu Ling Ai knew.

"Come here sit beside me." Empress Yi suddenly called Xu Ling Ai to come near her.

P.S.
What did the empress want?

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R