𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 || 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐓𝐲𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥, 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲-𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐚𝐲

【ADMIN NOTE】

✎Alas, you've made it to the second chapter!! I do hope this isn't too fast or slow for you :)

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

█ 15%

██ 30%

███ 45%

████ 60%

█████ 75%

██████ 100%

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

The same six students would wait along with me. I do not know them personally, I'm just observant enough to know who I'm usually surrounded by.

...which is why it was odd when a foreign individual entered the scene.

"I've never seen this lad before?"

By their physique, they appeared to be male. He hastily paced his way towards the stop, almost as if in a hurry.

"Must be his first time then...could he be new?"

He looked roughly around 5'6. Chestnut locks cascaded down to his shoulders in a messy yet presentable way. Oddly, he wore a black surgical mask obscuring me from taking in his facial features.

Realizing I didn't need that information, I simply turned my attention back to my phone. Though, I could see that he sat down on the bus stop's bench.

The awaited 5 minutes passed and I was jolted awake by the screeches of the bus's wheels.

In a single-file line, we all board the bus promptly revealing our passes to the driver. Barely walking down the aisle, I take the very first seat seeing that the most sketchy people are seated in the back.

In my peripheral vision, I notice the new guy peering around.

"It appears there are no available seats left..."

He seemed to nervously gaze around the bus, fidgeting with his fingers.

"Hey," I called out, "you can sit next to me." I pat the remaining space of my seat with a soft smile.

"I'm not feeling like an asshole today"

He simply nodded. His expressions were obscured by a black surgical mask, but I could decipher he smiled.

"Is he sick? Or simply insecure of his face...I should start wearing a mask then."

I felt a shift in the weight of the cushioned seat as he sat down. I took notice of the fact he was rather built. Not too scrawny but not excessively buff either.

My observant habits allude to my dream of becoming a detective. Once, in my criminal law class, two random individuals stormed into the class fighting. These two individuals zipped past from the entrance to the exit in a matter of seconds. Turns out it was a mere test to analyze our ability to be observant. We were required to describe the two culprits. It was extremely difficult to remember at the moment so I developed the habit of analyzing people's appearances more often.

I felt uneasy the entire ride. Perhaps it was because a person was seated right next to me, or the fact that I needed to utilize the bathroom really badly. Probably the latter.

The bus came to a stop, about a block away from my workplace. I worked as a barista at my local cafe.

I waited for the odd dude to get off first. I followed him out the exit expecting us to part ways, but we went in the same direction. Sparing myself the awkwardness, I speed-walked in front of him.