🔹Five🔹

Sweat dripped from Zuko's brow as he looked at his family. Even as he brought his hand forward, he felt it shake. If he even moved an inch the royal blood would spill. He looked at his family, his eye's begging for forgiveness.

A cane struck on the back of his neck. A sheet of tears blinded him and he felt his hands tied behind his back, a dagger at his throat.

A voice broke the ringing silence.

"Well done, boys." Azula's venom-coated voice spoke, the sound of her clapping hands making Zuko's blood boil.

"Nicely played." She voiced, looking annoyingly impressed.

Her hands rose in the air as though surrendering.

A few of the half-masked people looked apprehensive in stepping closer to take her in custody, some looked downright terrified at how unconcerned she was.

Azula's maniacal smile broadened as she watched fear shine in the eyes of her victims.

"Now, now." She said in a false soothing tone." Don't be afraid, I'm surrendering. "

She gave a soft chuckle.

"But before you take me in ......confinement." She said, choosing her words with an intent to instill fear."Do tell me who planned all this out."

One of the figures stepped forward. He reached for the black cloth covering his mouth and removed it, the ex-warden of the boiling rock stood in front of the princess.

"You're father, princess."

The color drained from Azula's face and her hands fell to her sides.

"H-he's alive?"

The warden raised his eyebrow." Of course princess."

"B-but the Avatar defeated-?

"The Avatar was a coward and only took our fire lords bending, not his supreme brain and passion."

"T-took his bending?"

Azula's gaze fell into her own hands.

Take someone's bending? If the Avatar could do that why had she still had hers? Why wasn't she rotting in a cold cell, freezing to death, mourning the loss of the fire that once flickered inside her?

At that moment she felt eternally grateful for not being the one to lose their bending.

"The Firelord," Spoke the warden again, bringing Azula back to earth." has a proposal for you."

He bowed as he handed her a scroll of parchment.

Azula read the writing with her brows knitted together. Even after she reached the end of the letter, she stared at it, thinking about her position.

She looked at the warden, dead in the eye.

"I agree to the terms and I comply."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Azula walked inside her old room, her heart beating against her frozen lungs. Her body complied to move even when she didn't command it to. Nothing in the world could stop her from facing the very walls that brought her sanity to the ground, the very furniture that stood silent as she slipped into madness, the very portraits that eyed her nonpulsed as she destroyed herself. She hated it here, she loathed it. And her father knew it.

He knew how she feared anything that connected her to the visions of her mother, he knew how she shrunk and lost everything to a hallucination her own mind had played on her. So he had appointed her the very room that had held her the very first time she came face to face with her illusions.