Chapter 47

Hi...

I'm craving some chocolate chip cookies rn 🥲()

Nothing much to see here... another boring chapter ahead. Like seriously.

Anyways...

Chapter Start

3rd pov:

At the police station, Naoto showed Takemichi a video of Takemichi that Chifuyu has recorded.

"Is that... me?" Takemichi ask unsure while he continue to watch the recording.

"Chifuyu Matauno secretly recorded this video. I'm not sure how to explain... Anyway..." Naoto started as he explains everything that changed when Takemichi returns from the past.

"The moment you returned to the present... my world changed in an instant. Because you changed the past, a great upheaval occurred." Naoto said as he sat in front of Takemichi.

"First of all, in this timeline, you and I... haven't talked to each other since middle school." Naoto revealed. "I'm still in the police, just like last time. But you don't work at a rental shop. Now, you're one of Toman's top brass." Naoto informed the confused boy.

"And just like the previous timeline... My sister was killed on August 10th, when Atsushi Sendo crashed his car into the one she's sitting in." Naoto said seriously while he look down as if reminiscing a painful memory.

"After that, I worked together with Chifuyu Matsuno... to arrest Kisaki and avenge my sister..." Naoto paused for a moment then he continued, "Sorry, Takemichi-kun. You mist be very confused. In my position, I had no choice but to arrest you." Naoto said honestly.

He then showed Takemichi a video of himself ordering Atsushi Sendo to kill someone.

"Atsushi... wait... Akkun?!" Takemichi mumbled before shouting Akkun's name in realization with his eyes dilated as he stood up while pushing his chair backwards. "... I ordered Akkun... to kill someone...?" He ask.

Naoto did not reply and just showed Takemichi another video. In the next video, Takemichi was seen smashing everything around him while he shouted in anger towards Kisaki and himself. Tears stream down his face as he cried in pure grief.

"Naoto, I've seen enough..." Takemichi said with his head tilted downwards.

"We've sought out evidence... of Kisaki's participation in the death of my sister. This video... is proof. " Naoto said before he was cut off by Takemichi shouting, "I said I've seen enough!!"

"Chifuyu Matsuno kept this video hidden away. He was... trying to shield you." Naoto said as Takemichi's eyes widen when he heard this.

Naoto watch as Takemichi knelt on the floor blaming himself for the death of his sister and his friends. "It's my fault they're all dead!!" He shouted as endless tears continued to fall on his cheeks down to his neck.

Takemichi continued to shout out words while Naoto just listened. Then, Takemichi said something that made Naoto also angry as he shouted, "How is crying going to help?!!"

He then went closer to the crying man and said, "This is hard for me, too."

Takemichi rebuked as he said, "It's not the same! I killed your sister!!", while still crying. "Let's just give up, Naoto! I can't change a god d*mn thing!" As soon as this words left his mouth, Naoto hug the crying man in front of him as he said, "You saved my life! You're not totally helpless!!" He comforted.

Then Naoto stated everything that changed and happened from the first timeline up to the current present. How Takemichi changed the past to save so many people.

Then Naoto pulled back while holding Takemichi's shoulders saying, "The only person who can change Toman... and save my sister... is you!!" Tears fall from Naoto's eyes as he shouted, "Change our terrible world for the better! Takemichi-kun!"

After a while, they both calmed down. Then, Takemichi told Naoto what happened before he time-leaped this time. How he became the first division captain and how he thought that things would be a bit better in the future. Then he mentioned again how Hinata still got killed and he's the one who did it.

Then Naoto spoke something about a theory or conjecture on how it seems strange that whenever Takemichi time-leaped and change the future, Kisaki always end up killing his sister. Then he concluded, "Kisaki is without a doubt... obsessed with you and my sister!" This earned a surprise expression on Takemichi's face.

"Enough of talking about Hina's death..." Takemichi started before saying, "I have a question or two I'd like to understand, Naoto-kun."

"Hm? What is it?" Naoto ask, not expecting Takemichi to ask.

"Well, First off, earlier I found out that Baji-kun died. When did he died exactly?" Takemichi ask.

"Keisuke Baji died on December 8th 2005, a month after l/n y/n regained consciousness." Naoto informed. "He died while still in coma. Based on the reports, it was said that someone had unplugged his life support resulting in him dying." He stated.

"Chifuyu did say that... and Kisaki admitted it, too." Takemichi mumbled. Then he look at Naoto again and said, "Then, for my next question. Is it true that y/n-san is also dead? What cause her to leave the country all of a sudden? Or rather... why did she and Mikey-kun fight anyways?"

"According to the news, l/n y/n indeed died on the plane crash 4 years ago. And as to why the reason they fought..." Naoto informed as he trailed off, thinking deeply. Then, his eyes widen in realization while looking at Takemichi.

"I don't know if it's true or not but... my theory is that the reason for their fight was because of Keisuke Baji's death." Naoto said. It was now Takemichi's turn to widen his eyes.

"Their fight happened a few months after Keisuke Baji's death. I think something changed within Sano Manjiro that caused them to fight...?" Naoto added.

"Naoto, you're a genius!" Takemichi exclaimed.

Then loud knockings sounded from outside the door seemingly saying time is up.

"I'd like to work out some countermeasures... but we don't have time." Naoto stated. "You're about to be moved to a detention center."

"A detention center?" Takemichi repeated.

"It'll become difficult for us to meet from now on." Naoto informed. He then walk across the table towards Takemichi and stretch out his hand for a handshake.

"If you want to go back, now's your only chance!!" Naoto stated.

"Huh?! But!" Takemichi uttered in surprise. Takemichi also stood up and answered, "All right..."

"Whatever happened in the past... between you and Tetta Kisaki... That's the key to solving my sister's death!" Naoto stated.

"Also, your other mission is to prevent Keisuke Baji's death that happened on December 8th 2005. I believe that his death has something to do with l/n y/n and Sano Manjiro's fighting. Prevent Toman from turning evil." He added before Takemichi shook his hands and returning back 12 years into the past.

Chapter End
(Not edited)

...I'm getting lazy now... Still want some cookies tho...

Now that Takemichi returned to the past, we can now finally went back to y/n and Mikey! Yay!

I hope you like this chapter everyone. Thank you for reading!

See you tomorrow!

Bye-bye!