Chapter 32: Keefe

I woke again and saw yet another tasteless breakfast sitting on my bedside table. I groaned and slowly lifted myself up and started to eat, gagging slightly. As I finished, I heard loud voices from outside my door. I heard Asterin cursing colorfully, and could almost see Elenytia trying to hold back her smile at Asterin's anger. I almost grinned until I saw the two of them hurriedly carrying a figure in. The person, most likely female looked terrible. Bloody, bruised, with at least 3 cuts that would need stitches. They set the girl down on the bed next to mine, and I didn't know who it was between the dirt and blood the the girl's face. That is, until I saw a glint of blue on the girls finger and gasped. 

"Who—who is that Elenytia?" I stuttered.

She glared at me. "No questions."

They tended to the girl, and I pretended to sleep, until the door closed and I bolted up. 

"Foster?" I whispered, and to my surprise, the girl stiffened and whispered, 

"No. No no no no. He's gone, you're hallucinating, you're hearing things. Remember-teal not ice blue."

I open my mouth to question the weird statement but she hesitates before she slowly asking, 

"Keefe?"

She turned, and I saw those beautiful brown eyes. The gold flecks glittered in the light of the lamps around the room. I smiled slightly. 

"Hey Foster. Miss me?"