49. Angel In Disguise

It was 2 hours past midnight and yet there was no sign of Wajahat. Falak made herself comfortable with pillows behind her back, she had prepared herself for all the possibilities. She gazed at the closed balcony door. Suddenly feeling suffocated with the atmosphere she decided to have some fresh air. She moved sideways, grabbing her not-so-light lehenga she let her feet down touching the soft carpet beneath.

She walked towards the balcony door not bothering about slippers and slid the glass door sideways. Her feet touched the cool marble, she closed her eyes and smiled at the soothing effect it had on her. Inhaling fresh air she opened her eyes only to be awestruck at the garden view, the Tantalizing moonlight had made it a hundred times more alluring.

Falak looked at the sky and smiled at the illuminating moon and the twinkling stars around. She moved forward, inhaling the fresh air. She noticed a sillhoute walking restlessly on the garden. She figured it was none other than her husband.

She sighed but then it struck to her, she was no longer his fiance. She was now his lawfully wedded wife and one thing was sure. Before being his wife she would have to become his friend first. She moved back slowly, careful not to create a sound but the sound of her heavy jewellery echoed through the silence of the night. She moved fast and closed the door as silently possible.

Falak walked to the right side of the wall intending to switch on the light but then again she decided to change in the dressing room. She walked towards the dressing room. She opened the door, stepping inside she observed the room.

It was huge to be a dressing room. Left side there was walk in closet consisting of 6 cupboards and 4 racks for foot wear on each side, in the middle was a dressing table with 3 drawers and  huge floor length mirror right beside it and on the right side was bathroom she peeked inside and was equally impressed with it's pristine state. She locked the dressing room's door and walked towards the dressing table intending to remove her jewellery, her eye caught her reflection on the floor length mirror.

Dressed in maroon velvet and satin silk lehenga, embellished in heavy zardozi. Adorned with the best of diamond and ruby jewellery. She smiled at herself, she indeed looked beautiful.

"But he isn't in need of this beautiful face right now..... what he needs is a beautiful heart. Hope I'm good enough for him" she spoke to her reflection.

She removed the pins attached to her head holding her dupatta and one by one removed all of the pins which held her hair in a bun, beautiful long straight hair tumbled on her back.

"Phew!!! Now that was tiring. What's the need of so much Bobby pins!? A simple hair clutch might just do the trick." She huffed in annoyance. Next one by one she removed her jewellery saving them from tangling within themselves. She removed the safety pins secured in her dress holding the dupatta.

"How was I even wearing them!?" She was astonished at the heavy weight of dupatta.

She strode towards the right side on the closet since her shoes, sandals and slippers were arranged on the right side racks she assumed her clothes might be on the right side too, on opening she found her heavy party wear clothes on the first cupboard, she opened the second one and found her daily wears and on the last wear there were simple comfy clothes with her pjs in it as well. She chose a simple chiffon, light green with sky blue crisscross thin geometric pattern printed salwar kameez set, not feeling comfortable about wearing her pjs tonight.

Falak washed the makeup off and wiped her face on a soft fluffy towels. Changing into her comfy clothes she looked at her reflection and smiled at herself.

"Much better." Mumbling she opened the door and moved forward only to collide into what felt like a hard wall.

"Where did this wall come from!?" She thought wincing with her palm over her forehead.