Chapter 55: On the Move

~~~

"You're progressing at a nice pace -- tremendous if we could call it," stated Tsunade, happily informing her proteges as she looked at her notes.

"Thank you, Tsunade-sama," both Sakura and Ino were pleased with their results from their numerous amounts of training. They stood still as Tsunade nodded her head at them.

"You two are free to leave for today. Come back here tomorrow if you need anything." They nodded once more, taking their leave from the Hokage Tower soon after.

Back when the Satsuki Retrieval Mission failed, the two were offered to be Tsunade's proteges due to their chakra control being excellent.

Obviously, they had no reason to decline and simply accepted the proposal. And that's what they have been doing for the past 2.5 years or so -- rigorous training by Tsunade.

"You mind if we stop by the training ground? I heard that my team was doing something there." Sakura nodded to those words and followed Ino's lead to their training ground.

Over the course of the 2.5 years of training, the village has changed only somewhat -- although there has been a few renovations that people were able to do because of the invasion that Orochimaru had done a few years ago.

"You know, Ino. I feel like Konoha hasn't changed one bit." She nodded, agreeing with those words as they got closer to the Team 10 training ground that has been used numerously.

"Yeah. . . I don't know if that's a good or bad thing." They both solemnly chuckled. Once arriving, they saw not just people in Ino's team, but also people from other teams as well.

"Yosh! Good one Shikamaru-san!" Rock Lee, fire burning from within as he saw Asuma trade fists with Shikamaru -- whom had a lazy look on his face as usual.

"So troublesome; why am I here again?" Shikamaru caressed his cheek, feeling the pain from the punch that he had received from Asuma.

"It's because you've been slacking off again." Shikamaru jumped back, sending off a pair of kunai as it was blocked off by Shikamaru. The failed retrieval mission caused everyone's moral to lower.

It took a toll on them, but they managed to move on and improve on themselves so they wouldn't fail next if they got a chance. Although the chances of that happening is very slim.

Even though everyone had made it out alive, both Rock Lee and Choji were in serious state. With Choji due to the poison that he suffered from using the Three Colored PIlls.

And Rock Lee due to him using 5 out of the 8 Gates. Kakashi had been the one to find Rock Lee laying on a random boulder on the Valley of the End.

And when he woke up -- he remembered nothing and how he got into this state. All he knew was that he was on a mission to retrieve Satsuki. Safe to say that he was out of commission for a quite some time.

"Hey, guys. Where's Naruto?" Asked Kiba, wondering if he was here. Everyone raised an eyebrow before they shrugged their shoulders.

"No idea. You do know that he usually doesn't go to these sessions. Always training, doing missions, or taking and reading books from the library. He likes overworking himself." Choji ate some chips as he said these words.