Chapter 29

Dorothy POV

I cover Liam mouth shut with my hands trying not to make any sound myself. This was a stupid idea. I shouldn't have ran away from the room. I should have waited for Ethan to come.

"I don't know sir." The other man said not hiding the fear in his voice. "I went to use the bathroom and when I came back-"

"Idiot." Igor cut the poor guy from finishing his sentence. "Why are you so incompetent?"

"Excuse me sir?"

"Bring Viktor in." Igor commanded as his footsteps became louder in every second. "I want him now!"

I wrapped my trembling hands around bringing him closer to him. I don't want it to end this way, I want to see Liam grow up. I want to see my baby grow up too.

I didn't realize I was crying till my Liam wiped a tear  that was rolling down my face. My heart leaped when he kissed my cheeks.

We are going to okay, Ethan's going to get us and we would be happy again. We wouldn't have to ever worry about any of this. 

"Boss?" I hear a voice that was so familiar after the closing of the door.

"I want to know everything you know about her?" I heard Igor say and I felt the desk move a bit.

"She's strong." The person said with a bit of admiration in his voice. "When I met her she was going through a lot. Vincenzo had recently left her and she was pregnant with his child and it was a good opportunity to gain his to trust."

"When he's still young?" I could hear the excitement in Igor's voice. "Your not as worthless as I imagined you to be."

"It was Mae's idea not mine."

"To bad she isn't here to get praised." Igor said not really caring. "How did you manage to tell them she was dead."

"I didn't."

"Charlie." Liam whispered. 

I look down raising a brow at him. "What do you mean?"

"Charlie's here to get us." I saw the excitement in his eyes but that just made me even more confused.

Charlie doesn't even know that Ethan is part of all this. I didn't tell him any of this, so he isn't here to help us. 

He's part of the Mafia too.

I knew this voice was familiar. That lying slimy bastard I can't believe I trusted him.

"I told them we broke up and made her think she was getting married." He finished what her was saying. It took a lot for me to stay where I was. I wanted to bash him on the head with a gun.

"Tysdelal khoroshuyu rabotu. Vy udostoverilis', chto on sledit za vami?" (You did a good job. Did you make sure he is following you?)

"Da." (yes) Charlie or whatever his name is. "I made sure he saw me enter a van he should be on his way."

Great they have started speaking in Russian and I don't have a clue of what they are talking about. 

I'm going to make sure I learn Russian and Italian the moment I get out of this mess. I hate not being able to understand what they are saying.

I kiss Liam's forehead resting my chin above his head. I feel bad that he still believes that Charlie's here to save us. I really want to tell him the truth but the glint in his eyes stops me for doing so.

"Ne govori po angliyski."(Don't speak in English.) I hear Igor command not knowing what he is saying. There has to be a reason why he suddenly started speaking in Russian.