St. Patrick's Day

It's coming up soon and these fun recipes and crafts are sure to make your day golden!

...

Recipe #1: St. Patrick's Day Muddy Buddies

Ingredients:

4 1/2 cups Rice Chex® cereal

1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1/4 cup peanut butter

2 tablespoons butter

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup green candy-coated chocolate candies

1/4 cup Lucky Charms Marshmallows

Directions:

Place cereal in a medium sized bowl and set aside.

In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High for one minute and then stir until melted and smooth.

Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal and stir until evenly coated.

Place half of the cereal mixture in a seal-able food storage bag and add the powdered sugar.

Shake the bag until well coated then spread the cereal out on a baking sheet and allow to cool for 15 minutes.

Stir in green food colouring into the other half until you achieve an even bright green colour. Spread the cereal out onto another baking sheet and allow to cool for 15 minutes.

In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures along with the chocolate and marshmallows.

Store the muddy buddies in an airtight container.

-----

Recipe #2: Lime Sherbet Floats

Ingredients:

Lime Sherbet

Lemon-Lime soda

Clear glasses

Straws

Directions:

Grab a clear glass and fill it with scoops of lime sherbet. If you don't have clear glasses, you can use any cup or glass you might have, but having clear is nice so you can actually see all the green.

Pour the lemon-lime soda over the sherbet you just placed in your glass. Be careful...it will foam up and rise!

If you wish, add straws to your glass. You'll probably want spoons too so you can scoop out and eat the sherbet.

-----

Craft #1: St. Patrick's Photo Booth

Materials:

Small wooden dowels

Tape

Printer paper/white card stock

Printer

Computer

Green sheet

Directions:

Print out a bunch of st Patrick's day images such as the Irish flag, a leprechaun hat, beards, moustaches, rainbow, shamrock, green glasses, and sayings like "Luck of the Irish" and "Kiss me, I'm Irish". Make sure when you're placing them in a document to make them big enough to be taped onto a dowel and seen in a picture.

Cut out all of your images and tape them to the top of your wooden dowels.

Hang your sheet as a backdrop, grab a prop, strike a pose, and snap a picture!

-----

Recipe #3: Irish Breakfast Wrap

Ingredients

1 tbsp Butter

2 Eggs

1/4 cup Leftover Sweet Potato Corned Beef Hash

1 tbsp Homemade Russian Sauce

2 tbsp Swiss Cheese, shredded

1 Flour Tortilla Wrap

Directions

Heat frying pan on the stove top on medium-high heat. Melt butter, and then scramble eggs in pan.

While eggs are cooking, re-heat leftover Sweet Potato Corned Beef Hash.

Heat the flour tortilla wrap in a damp paper towel in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Smear one tablespoon of homemade Russian sauce on the wrap, then place the Sweet Potato Corned Beef Hash, followed by the scrambled eggs, and top with shredded Swiss Cheese. Wrap like a burrito and enjoy immediately.

-----

Recipe #4: Sprite with Koolaid Cubes

Ingredients:

Packet of green Koolaid

Sprite

Ice cube tray

Straws

Directions:

Mix up a packet of green Koolaid and pour it into an ice cube tray. Allow them to freeze until hard. Place a handful of cubes into a clear glass and pour Sprite over them. Enjoy!

-----

Craft #2: St. Patrick's Gold Slime

Materials:

5 oz. bottle of Elmer's Clear School Glue

2 TB Colorations Gold Liquid Watercolor

1/2 cup (4 oz. or 8 TB) of Sta-Flo Liquid Starch

Directions

1. Place all of the clear glue into a bowl or cup.

2. Add the gold watercolor to the glue. Be sure to stir it in completely before the next step.

3. Shake the liquid starch bottle to make sure nothing's settled to the bottom.

4. Pour HALF (about 1/4 cup) of the liquid starch into the glue, then stir very well.

5. Add half of the remaining liquid starch (about 1/8 cup) to the mixture and stir well.

6. Add the remaining liquid starch and keep on mixin'.

7. Knead the mixture using hands. It will feel like thick pudding at first. As kneading progresses, it will transform! After kneading for a minute, check the stickiness and stretchiness of the slime. Knead for another minute if necessary, but don't over-knead.

8. If need be, add another tablespoon of liquid starch to the slime and knead for another minute or two.

Be sure to add the liquid starch in small increments or it'll become a clumpy mess! If you run into any problems with the process, check out Fun at Home with Kids' how to fix slime post. She has a different glittery, gold slime recipe you might want to check out while you're there.

...

I hope you guys enjoy these yummy recipes and fun activites! Let me know if you try any of them out! And don't forget to leave your suggestions for future updates below!