Chapter Eight

"I like your hair" Luis confesses whole he brushes your (h/c) locks gently, carefully untangling the knots as to not cause you pain.

"Thank you, I have inherited it from my parents" you utter out, trying to make him annoyed by bringing up your parents in the conversation.

Strangely, he reacted to your words strange and bizarre way.

He wraps his arms around you, pulling you against his board chest, before laying his chin on top of your head.

"You inherited everything from me because you are my daughter" you furrow your eyebrows in confusion at his words, you remove his arms away from you, then stand up away from him.

"What is that you speak of? I look nothing like you" Luis chuckles as if you said a funny joke.

"Silly you, of course, you look like me because you are my daughter" you flinch when he harshly takes hold of both of your hands.

From the warning glint in his eyes, you instantly knew that he wants you to agree with him, and if you don't, he won't hesitate to punish you.

"Yes, I inherited my looks from you, Papa"

You chose to be submissive rather than be punished, as humiliating as it might sound to some people, but you are truly afraid to anger him.

No, you cannot anger him like last time, you don't want to get locked up for days.

Weak, starved, and alone...you don't want it to happen again.

When the time, if it comes, you are going to escape from him, from his tight clutches.

"Do you want to see the painting? I have finished it, yesterday" 

'No, I do not want to see anything painted by you' 

Your expression betrays your thoughts, causing a smile to appear on your face, while your words are quite the opposite of what you had in mind.

"Yes, I would love to, I cannot deny that I'm excited to see it, Papa" you feign a happy tone, trying to sound realistic.

Luis knows that you are laying, it is not hard for a vampire to tell if the person in front of them is lying or not, especially if they are humans.

In fact, he is amused by the extremes you take to not appear rude or disinterested, he wants you to keep it up this way even if it is fake, all that Luis cares about is your submissiveness.

''I will show it to you after dinner'' as if your stomach heard his words, it starts to growl.

'Why now, this is embarrassing' 

Luis chuckles and playfully pokes your stomach.

''I guess someone is hungry''

-------

You don't if you should be thankful or afraid, but your food tastes kind of different today, yet the change makes it more delicious than ever.

Luis watches you while drinking from his glass of blood, adoring the sight of you enjoying the food.

"Do you like my cooking?" Luis inquires, leaning back in his seat.

"You are the one who made this...it tastes good" you admit, taking another bite of your food.

"I'm pleased to hear that, but my special ingredient gave it this nice effect." You raise an eyebrow.

"What is your special ingredient?" 

The question is normal from your perspective, but it is more than that from Luis's point of view.

Maybe, because Luis knows that you won't like it.

"Well, you have to earn my trust so I can tell you my top special secret ingredient, angel" your adoptive father winks at you while smirking.

You shrug it off, not thinking too much of the matter, viewing it as something simple.

"There is something on your face" you look up from your plate, to see your father pointing at the corner of his mouth.

You grab a handkerchief to wipe away the crumb, yet wipe the wrong side of your mouth. 

"Not there, angel"

 Luis snatches the handkerchief out of your hand, and wipe the small crump away.

You stare at him, suddenly realizing something. 

Even though it is stupid and you shouldn't contrate too much on it...however you realize unlike your parents, Luis actually pays attention to every little thing you do.

Your perants didn't pay that much attention to you like how Luis does.

You shook your head in disapproval, disappointed in yourself for comparing your kidnapper with your perants.

"Thank you" you mumble.

"You are welcome, angel"

----------

"Luis has adopted a human child?"

"Yes, and he plans on turning her into a vampire, my lord" the vampire hunter stares down at his loyal servant while holding his crossbow.

"Luis who hates humans, adopting a human child...hahaha" Christopher starts laughing loudly, his laugh is laced with heinousness to the point it caused, Christopher's servant, Ackley, to shiver.

"It seems so, my lord" 

Christopher stops laughter before a grin stretches over his face.

"Those demand vampires kill our kind first, now they are kidnapping children to turn them into vampires, how disgusting" Christopher spats.

"What do you think we should do, my lord" the said man rolls his eyes.

"What any person with morals would do, we are going to save the girl and kill the monster"