The House

"Erik!" I call out as he nibbles my neck. He laughs as I try to push him off of me.
"No, I'm not going to stop, I love you," Erik pulls me on top of his hips, and I shutter at the feeling of his pelvis grinding into my thighs.
He pants as he holds my waist, still kissing me. The kisses keep getting deeper and deeper. Every single one making me drunk in love.
Married for a year.
Pregnant for 7 of those months.
"I'm..." Erik pants, trying to catch his breath again. "I'm s-so in love with you."
I smile and place a soft kiss against his forehead. He grins back and holds my arms. "I'm not going to let go, you don't have to hold me so hard."
"You won't let go?"
Suddenly, Erik's voice changes in my head. And I'm staring at a slender man with big brown eyes.
"L-Lemony?!..." I nearly scream in fear. His icy palm to my cheek.
Ice, hard as a stone, just like my heart.
"What's the matter, dear?" He whispers.
I feel tears drip down my cheeks and I press my hands to his face. "I'm sorry I left you out there... I'm sorry, I got lost, I thought you were behind me! I didn't mean to end up here!"
"Beatrice, snap out of it!" Erik screams. And suddenly I'm back, in Erik's arms. I bite my lip. What just happened?...
"I-"
"Don't explain," Erik replies. He leans forward and his forehead presses mine. "I kidnapped you that night."
"What?! No! That was all my fault. And I'm sorry it happened. God, I'm so fucking stupid. He's probably dead," I grasp his hands tightly and we're shaking in each other's arms.
"But we sent that letter," Erik says. "He can't possibly be searching for you now."
"But what if he is?"
"Then... Then we'll deal with it."
The look in Erik's eyes says it all. He feels just as bad as I do about leaving Lemony in the woods. And how it should have been me and Lemony who got married.
I run my fingers through my husband's hair, wanting to take even more of him. Oh, the urge is so strange and strong.
"I love you," I whisper.
"I love you too," Erik says back, his voice just as soft as mine. We don't get into many fights, but it's probably because we rarely get loud when we're in the same room.
"I need to go back to those woods," I tell him, gripping his wrists hard enough to make small oval marks in his skin. "Please-"
"No, I can't let you, you're..." Erik presses his palm to my abdomen. "I can't let you get hurt."
I bite my lip, watching the small creases in Erik's handsome face.
I've always wanted a girl sense I was little, and he's the one who gave one to me. "Violet can handle it."
"No. I'm sorry. I know you're stubborn as a mule and I know I shouldn't be making you stay here but I will not let you or Violet get hurt for any reason."
"Erik," I stare at my thighs, and my small baby bump. I don't want to hurt her, but what if it makes her stronger?

I pull on the long black dress that Erik had given me on the first day that I started living here. I pull my dark brown curls up, inverting each part of my hair until they're tied in elegant knots.
I open the huge wooden doors of the mansion and step into the glittering snow. The cold stings my face as I walk into the woods that form around this city.

I know I'm not going to find him here, but maybe I could trace something back. Where I left him, possibly? No one goes through those woods... Maybe our foots prints are still there!
I run into the thick thorns and branches, feelings of nostalgia washing over me. I protect my stomach the whole way in; Like Erik said, I can't risk Violet getting hurt.
I get to a marshy part of the woods, and there are dress show prints imbedded into the mud. I look at them closely, trying to figure the possibility of them being Lemony's.
Sure enough, I see a heel print directly beside the dress shoe print. But it could be Erik's shoe and not Lem's.
Erik was right. I should have never come out here.
Tears start to stream down my cheeks again. I get on my knees in the mud, sobs shaking my core. "Lem... I'm so sorry," I whisper into the dirt. "I didn't-"
I hear footsteps behind me, and I jolt up, almost screaming in fear.
His brown eyes pierce through me like a knife.
"Beatrice?!"