XXXV

Commence

Commence

The office turned the opposite after the next days. Noah secretly let out a deep breath when Giovanni agreed to go to Vercetti's mansion and took a break. The staff then went to his office and gave him different kinds of food as a thank you gift for what he had done. They could breathe normally now that their boss was on leave.

He looked at his table and rubbed his nape. Puwera sa pagkain, nakakalat din ang mga papeles. His Young Master was giving him a lot of work these past days. He even lost time giving Trishza the Christmas gift he bought after receiving his monthly salary.

While reorganizing his table, a ring from his phone made him stop. He immediately took it to see who was the caller, just to found it was an unregistered number.

His forehead furrowed and his face was as long as the fiddle. He thought it was his girlfriend. He then tapped the 'answer' button and put the phone beside his ears.

[Good morning, I apologize for the disturbance.]

That voice. It was Ashanti's. How come she had his number? Did Trishza give it to her friend?

"It's fine, Miss Rossault."

[I just want to ask if Giovanni is with you? Hindi niya pini-pick up ang mga tawag ko.]

"He returned to Vercetti's residence a while ago. The reason Young Master isn't picking up your calls is that he's busy at the moment."

Si Isabell nga ay hindi makahingi ng oras kay Giovanni, ito pa kaya? His Young Master was in bad mood, but he guessed the word 'busy' was better to be the reason.

[Doesn't he have his holiday break? How come he didn't even reply to my messages?]

He scowled. "That information is out of my record, Miss Rossault."

He heard her let out a sigh. [I understand. But can you arrange an appointment for me? I just need to talk to him, even just for half an hour.]

Noah wanted to laugh because of what she asked. An appointment? Who was she to Giovanni by the way? Someone like her would just be a pest for his Young Master's sight. Their engagement was already over, why would she want to talk more with Giovanni? And as far as he knew, he already got a good amount of information about the project.

"I'm afraid I can't, Miss Rossault. Young Master's schedule is full up until the last day of the year."

[What? Is there no other way? And for your information, he's the one who told me to have a conversation with him! Mamamatay talaga ako kakaisip kung anong sasabihin niya.]