Chapter 4 - Chad

What happens when your friend calls your bluff?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

It was right after everyone paid the bill when the girls and Kuchi were wrapping things up. It was a little different this time around. The table got approached by another boy. But it wasn't a dork or someone that was overly confident. It was just a friend. Someone that is currently also outside of the team. 

"Yo Kuchi. What's up?" A boy with medium dark hair and matching eyes walked over. "Hey, hope I'm not interrupting you."

"Not at all." Kuchi looked at the girls. Nagatoro, Sakura, Gamo-chan, Yoshi, meet my friend Lorias. He's hurt right now but he's a good friend of mind."

"I see. Nice to meet you. You're a first year too right?" Asked Gamo-chan.

"Tai Lorias. We grew up in the same neighborhood. So, he bothering you or what's the deal?" He asked.'

"Just grabbing a bite before heading home. We all got things to do before calling it a night." Cooed Sakura.

"Alright. You ladies have a good night. Kuchi and I will head out. Good meeting all of you." He walked with Kuchi as they were leaving the diner.

"Bye now." 

"Bye-bye."

Sakura smiled. "I don't know who's cuter."

"Hmph." Nagatoro just glared at Sakura. She hated that her friend was a flirt. Especially around them.

Meanwhile the two friends were on their way home. But Lorias was caught up on what his friend that was on leave of the team due to his grades is doing with his time. "Dude. Did you pick up all of those girls? Or how does it work? Was it one or two that caught your attention?"

"Actually when Coach sat me down I was downright sad and then it hit me where I felt like a loser. I was straight up embarrassed. Then I went to the library and I thought it was dead when all four of them were there. Today the same thing happened. Basically it started by Nagatoro the short one with the tan and dark hair. She started picking on me, I flirted back, and her friends started laughing about it."

Lorias started cackling. "Dude. You flirting? Yeah right. You were trying to get under her skin right? Right? If she called you out on it you would be duck as a duck in the air with my uncle's shotgun in hand." He formed an imaginary shotgun. Pumped and blasted. "Bang. In the air, shot it's ass."

"Yeah-yeah. My ass would be roast duck. I get it." Sighed Kuchi.

"Come on Kuchi brother. Thank God you're honest with me. If you started being a Chad I'd be pissed that you didn't pass one along like Ru on the team."

"Yup. Captain Ru. Put your eye on a girl and he would swoop her before you even walked over to say hi. No dude, I'm not a Chad. You should know better. What the hell you think I was doing?" Huffed Kuchi.

"I'll be honest with you. Thought you used the time to pick up chicks in the library or some shit. Wrong? Get some help, she feels a little sorry and helps you because she's smart, and boom. Here we are. Minus you and the babeage. Thank goodness." Lorias felt relieved.  

"Yeah man. But come on Lorias, you didn't really think I just walked up to four girls and asked one of them out right?"

"You never know with you." He winked at him.

"Thanks for the confidence. Screw you too..."

Lorias laughed. "Well I doubt we double date. That Sakura chick looks like she can get anyone she wants."

"Which she could for the most part." Kuchi interrupted. 

"But the other two even though they look a little on the airhead side, have qualities. Right?"

"Haven't found them yet. Besides the obvious..."

"Bust. Got it."

"Lorias..."

"What? I'm only seeing what's in front of me and talking about it with a guy next to me that's also a guy that's into the girls. I mean do I go on?"

"No." Kuchi shook his head. "Please continue."

"Yes. Hooters!"

"I hope a woman don't hear us out loud."

"What? We're single guys. But before we walk too close to home. What happens if the dark haired chick claps back and calls your bluff? What's next? You going to let her bully you around? Aren't you the Senpai?"

"Technically speaking." Kuchi wanted him to get on with it.

"Dammit man. Come on (FN). Get it together. Either grow the feelings or make it clear that it isn't the case. Make a decision and don't tease the girl too much. Is it that much to ask for?"

~~~~~

Meanwhile in the town a kilometer or two away there was someone trying to comprehend everything the last two days. Nagatoro was in a bathtub soaking it all in as she was in grave thought. An older boy that she was picking on and she didn't know how to say it all to him. What she meant or what she wanted. Typical girl and boy in high school, but this was a fling. And why shut down Sakura when she flirted with almost every guy?

'Not enough power.'

That phase echoed in her ears. It was code for firepower. Meaning compared to Gamo-chan and Yoshi with Sakura to an extent, not big in the cannons department. Not flat chested that current people rave about, but Nagatoro was the short and petite figure. By her personality she was much larger, but kept thinking about the recent Senpai. How she got put into place and how to continue going forward.

He doesn't like one of us right? Does he? Is there a way to find out? I feel like I want him to go deeper but we both can't have the mindset to do so. But is there a way the girls can try? Or is that a bad idea? I want to know how he feels. Senpai can't just be gone forever once his grades get up right? Right?...

Nagatoro slouched in the tub and blew bubbles with her nose. So many questions and not enough answers. Some even with answers that she wouldn't like.

~~~~~

Just ask.

-Rel