Chapter 11: Underwhelming Battle

After Chaos had departed from the ORC, the overall mood of its members can be described as somber. Rias is still on her knees in despair and fear. Akeno attempts to comfort her King to the best of her abilities, but is still dealing with her own sorrow. Kiba's fear spikes, now learning that Seth is far stronger than he will ever be and that Kiba never stood a chance to begin with. Issei is quite upset at the sight of his King crying and that Chaos is the cause of it.

Shirone, however, is still trapped within her thoughts.

'S-So when Kuroka said that she serves a new master... and that she's no longer a Stray. Could that mean Lord Chaos... saved her? I-Is sh-she right about President?' Shirone debates in her head.

It was true that Rias coddled her and possibly the exact reason she has not grown stronger. Just being in the presence of not only Kuroka, but also Jin and Enkidu allowed her to feel just how out of her league she was against them.

'If they are pieces of Lord Chaos, then that power level makes sense! And based off of his interactions with me... maybe. I have to see if we win,'  Shirone confirms mentally, now debating if she should trust Rias with helping them strengthen themselves.

Meanwhile

"Spiral Flare!" Ravel calls.

"Practicing on your spells, dear sister?" Riser asks, spectating her training

"Yes, dear brother," Ravel answers.

Riser nods before asking, "I recognize that spell. Is that not the one of the spells Lord Chaos taught you 4 years ago?"

"Indeed it is. Lord Chaos is excellent in dissecting our Family Trait after copying it. Do you plan to train as well, brother?" Ravel asks.

"I do. Regardless of my opponent's lack of experience, I will have my peerage win in a dominant fashion. To hold back will be disgraceful to all Devils, especially Lord Chaos," Riser declares.

While some arrogance still exists within Riser, his overwhelming loss against Chaos five years ago showed him the meaning of humility. Riser believed he could win against Chaos due to having a full piece set while Chaos only had Yumi, Seth, Kuroka, KOS-MOS and Vatista at the time along with having more experience. However, it ended with Chaos not losing a single piece, having nullified Riser's regeneration with his Oblivion's Void before being overwhelmed by the rest of his peerage. Riser Phenex's loss against Chaos became quite a popular topic to the Devils in the underworld, as that was Chaos' third consecutive dominant victory at such a young age. After that day, Riser's respect for Chaos grew in magnitude and the two became fast friends, with Chaos offering to train alongside his peerage in the time of his visit.

"I see," Ravel replies, blushing at the thought of Chaos.

Riser nods before seeing to the rest of his peerage, whom are of course, training themselves.