Akaashi Keiji - Wilted Wounds

Au: Soulmate + Magic + Fantasy (When your soulmate gets bruised or injured, a flower will appear on the matching part of your body, BUT, for this au there is no active soulmate system

Au: Soulmate + Magic + Fantasy (When your soulmate gets bruised or injured, a flower will appear on the matching part of your body, BUT, for this au there is no active soulmate system.... You'll see, just read it.)

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader, swearing, slight graphic content.

Word Count: 10k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

You glared up at the King as he sat comfortably on his plush throne, giving you a daring look, challenging you to speak up. From your position before the monarch, you could hear the sound of rustling metal from subordinates of your trainee team of knights that were kneeled a few metres behind you, quaking in their metal armour as they stared at the red carpet beneath their feet.

The throne room was large, overly so, with towering stained glass windows along either side and intricately crafted pillars that drew one's eye to the ceiling where more beautiful architecture was to be found. Sunlight poured through the coloured glass. It was a mosaic of colour and although beautiful, didn't fit the current mood.

You could feel the shocked stares of the castle guards as they watched you from their positions along the throne room walls.

The sides and bridge of your nose started to hurt from being scrunched up so much. You swung your sword forcefully with each slashing movement of your arms as you yelled. The heartbeats of your team that were still kneeling were practically audible behind you.

"You wish to send us on a mission to kill a dragon?! Are you serious? That's preposterous!" Your voice echoed through the room, but the King remained slack in his chair.

"Dragons harbour jewels, valuable ones, and it is your mission as Commander and Captain the Expedition Knights to take my orders and follow through with them." The King's voice held an authoritative timber without any unneeded force. Rumbling loudly to make his point instead of yelling.

You didn't have the king's grace though. Screeching to the point of causing the guards to flinch and cover their ears. "It's also under my jurisdiction to inform you when you want to use military power on something utterly imbecilic! When did you become so thick-headed, old man?!"

The king laughed, bellowing, as he smacked his knee. Each huff of air made his grey mustache puff out, hairs flicking at the end. With a small expletive, he caught his crown before it fell to the floor, petting it and cooing like it were a small bird.

Shutting your eyes you breathed, waiting for the King's worried blubbering to end. It did, eventually.

"Oh, (L/N)." he sighed blissfully, immediately spitting as a piece of his beard flew into his mouth with an intake of air. "You never change."

As he spoke, a butler came out of one of the side doors, a tray resting flat on his palm with a single, large, glass of wine on top. He takes quick steps, spine straight until he makes it to the King's side, where he bows and offers the tray forward. Licking his tongue, the King wiggles his fingers before grabbing the glass, taking a big swig and ushering the butler off.