2. Start of Revenge

SCARLETT

I could only utter a small 'Coming' to Linda, too anxious of what disaster is to encounter me next.

I marched on to the beautiful yet ugly room again and pushed the wooden door abruptly. His tall figure was standing by the big glass window, his back facing me. The silhouette of this man is enough to intimidate anyone.

He had his white shirt on with sleeves rolled, without the coat, while his hands rested in the pockets. He was gazing at the dark sky outside, as if a saint finding the meaning of life.

"One should knock before entering a room. Am I supposed to teach you general etiquettes too Ms. Walter?", and there goes away the saint.

This 'worse than maggots' creature! He's literally testing my patience. He does know of ways to irritate me very well.

"Sorry Mr. Anderson. That won't happen next time.", I said as coldly as I could, controlling my urge to slay him right away. He turned to me with same blankness as earlier today.

"The plans you showed me today are not sufficient. Still, mail them to my secretary and she would have it sent to all the concerned persons. Tomorrow we have a meeting of all board members and I want you to prepare an elaborate presentation of your marketing strategy."

"Tomorrow Sir?", so much for agreeing for this task. Thanks Alex!

"Yes tomorrow. Any problem?"

Problem? Does this man even know what making a presentation overnight surely is?

And there... he is taking revenge. Okay then, let's show this man what we are Lett. I haven't spent five years ordering in the comfort of some inherited office. I know how to handle it well.

"Fine Mr. Anderson. It'll be ready by morning. Anything else I could do for you?" Like strangle you right now?

"Get lost. That's all you could do for now.", he came out with it. It's literally getting difficult to control the urge to strangle him.

I left the place not before banging the door behind me the second time, inflicting my rage on the poor thing.

I wish I was the one in his shoes, saying those exact words to him. Although I've got power and status enough to be brawling at the same level as his, but my pride won't allow to use it. I chose this path myself.

#####

I returned to my beautiful but rented apartment and tossed my bag on the couch. Freshen up, have dinner and then think what to do next.

A shower energized my drained self. There is no time for making dinner so I had to do with instant noodles. Thanks to the manufacturers for making lives easier.

After a bland dinner, I started preparing the slides that I have to present tomorrow.

First, I read through the whole project document and made concise notes. Now I need to mark out important points, type it and then the layout would be the last thing. It's more than 11:35 and too much to do. Here goes my sound sleep.

Taking a five minute break, I checked the Google News as usual, when one heading grabbed my attention...

"The MR glasses, a threshold to modern virtuality"

My finger automatically clicked it open. The article read:

"The world is about to experience a ride of mixed reality with FuTech's lastest MR glasses. According to the CEO Aaron Anderson, 'MR glasses will change your perception of the virtual world.'