Chapter 19- Sharing the sweets

"My respect for your personal maid has increased tenfold." Told Wolff as we all sat at our usual library place. "To be a maid at the Mountnero house, one must have a very strong heart." There was a small chuckling sound coming from Cedric, who gave it up when I gave him a dirty glance.

Wolff was obviously joking, though I noticed a hint of amazement at my actions. I saw no reason for such, to be honest.

"I never thought that a lady of the great house of Mountnero would be turning into a cooking lady. Remarkable." Commented Francis with his cheery and foxy tone. It amused him to know a lady like me would throw etiquette through the window. Not something usual at this Empire.

"It seems only me and Jenni will get to eat my choco balls, the rest can just watch." I said turning my glance away and taking the plate with the sweets far from the centre and closer to me and Jenni, who was by my side silent, yet amused by the scene.

Even with only a side glance, I could see Wolff's ears go down in disappointment. Oh, too cute! Francis, unrepentant, still had the same foxy smile, and without Fridh's, who was away today, serious expression, the Sun prince cheery tone was even more noticeable. And Cedric... well he protested as usual.

"That is not fair. I actually support you!"

"You smiled at Wolff's remark!" I retorted, now finally glancing back at the boys in front of me. A winning smile plastered on my face.

Wolff gave a small glance to the plate where to the plate with the choco balls, and I didn't have enough strength to continue teasing them anymore. He was such a cute sweet tooth boy! In the end, I pushed the plate back at them and I was graced with a nice view, furry ears pricking up and a group of shining eyes as the boys all went for a piece. Jenni gave a shy chuckle as they savagely attacked the sweets.

"Lord Wolff, indeed it would seem to outside eyes that our Fanny suffers a great deal with my sister. I guarantee you, however, there would be no other lady she would serve if not for Lulu. Her loyalty to us, to my sister, is very much esteemed and even my Father acknowledges it." Jenni's soft voice and smile illuminated the dark and dusty corner of the library.

"I meant nothing of bad with my remark, Lady Jennifer." Said the wolf boy as he finished a bite of the choco ball.

"I am aware of that, my Lord. And I take it you are teasing my sister. It's just that Fanny if she heard you, she would go through the roof. Besides, I was supposed not to tell, but I saw her enjoyment when thinking about the next cooking time."

We all laughed as the atmosphere became joyful and cheerful. However, while we went through the sweets, eating them with gusto, I noticed a clear look from Francis to my sister, intense and focused. And whenever he caught me looking, the Sun prince would return to his foxy disposition, smiling at me.

It made me think... He didn't seem to enjoy get caught by me on his staring... was he hiding something?  Was their romance already starting to bloom? At 10? I mean, really? Well, it certainly could only be an innocent crush.

At last, the book proceedings were starting, from his side at least.

On Cedric's, I noticed nothing, though. No side glances, nothing more than respectful talk and greetings. Besides being less troublemaker with her than with me, I saw no real change in his behaviour towards Jenni. Maybe it was still too soon for Cedric... maybe it was only meant to happen when they were teenagers. Nevertheless, I just hated that the book didn't focus so much on the parent's story!!

Anyway, until I saw real affection from his side I wouldn't have to do anything...

But the moment there were moony eyes being thrown at each other, I would step in! I would have to prevent their ill-fated love, and nothing better to do it than with a strong sister talk. Me and Jenni would have A BIG TALK about why a man shouldn't ruin your life.