Chapter 3 - Charlie's Idea

Bill woke up the next morning, hearing a loud bang in the other room. He sat up so abruptly, not used to so much racket ever since he moved away, that he bumped his head into the bed above him.

He was glad Percy wasn't at home because he would already listen to him groan and complain if he was.

Before he could get up, the bang repeated and this one was accompanied by voices.

"Oh, no." He heard Theodora say.

"George, what did you do?" Fred questioned his brother.

"I just know that this won't end well." If Bill didn't know his brothers he would say that George sounded concerned.

Bill's attention was diverted from their conversation to the loud footsteps coming from the floor above them. Before the footsteps started down the stairs Bill already sighed – he knew what was coming.

He couldn't say that he was all that surprised and should honestly expect it at least a dozen times this summer. For some reason, he was hoping that the twins grew up a little and are going to cause mum to lose less hair now that they were 17.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" Molly said the second she opened the door next to his.

"Mum, we can explain..." Fred mumbled.

"A GIRL IN YOUR ROOM? WHAT DID I SAY YESTERDAY!" Mrs. Weasley shouted at her sons.

"I...mum...she..." George couldn't find the words.

"Don't you mum me! I promised Mrs. Cork that her daughter is going to be taken care of and here you are sneaking her into your room and playing with fireworks!"

Some might think that Mrs. Weasley was calming down since she lowered her voice but Bill knew that it's only going to get worse from here. He might be sitting on his bed, his bedroom door closed, but he knew exactly what kind of expression his mum had on her face right now.

A vein showing on her forehead, lips turning purple from the pressure of pressing them together so hard, her entire face turning red and her wrinkles getting closer to each other making her look as if she is going to explode at any moment.

When Bill was still living at the Burrow, Molly had that facial expression almost every single day – every time the twins were at home – and even though he and Charlie used to find it funny, he couldn't deny now that he was on mum's side and wished Fred and George would give her a break.

"Mum, you can ask Ginny, Theo slept in her room during the night." Fred finally gathered the courage to speak.

"We woke her up around 6 and brought her to our room to work on something." Added George.

"I...I'm sorry, Mrs. Weasley. I don't want to give you any trouble. I'll go back, no problem. I apologize for disrespecting your rules." Theodora's stuttering brought a smile to Bill's face.

She had such a nice voice.

Bill shook his head. What is wrong with him? She's a teenager!

He rubbed his eyes, stood up, and took his elastic from the nightstand to put his hair into a ponytail.

"Oh, Theo, darling." Molly changed her voice completely. "I am not blaming you for this. I know how these two manipulate people to get what they want."

With his mum's voice softening, Bill took the opportunity to leave his room. Perhaps one of the bathrooms was still unoccupied and he wanted to take a shower in peace as he had a feeling it's going to be a long day.

"What is all this noise?" Charlie opened the door of his room, yawning. "Ginny and I need our beauty sleep. Don't we, Gin-Gin?" Charlie turned to his little sister, who was sticking her head out of her room, curious what was going on.