Arc 3: Chapter 7

Y/n's editor already contacted her that her one-month vacation was confirmed by the ceo.

"Thank goodness." She sighed as she sat on the sofa.

There were no classes since it was sunday. A day to rest.

'I should visit the neighbor next door.'

She then started baking some cookies and cake for Vaughn.

Visiting your neighbor without a present is somehow rude. That is Y/n's principle. Especially if that neighbor is someone special.

While waiting for the pastries to get baked, she began to dig out her old hobby which was painting.

She wanted to create a masterpiece.

Y/n took some old acrylics and brushes and set it aside. She prepared the canvas and also the palette.

And so, she started painting.

The acrylic paints she used were only two in color. It was titanium white and lamp black.

She used fine strokes as she brushed the color in the large canvas. It was the touch of a professional.

While on the go, she heard the timer on the oven ring.

"Ah, I should take it out now."

She stood up and left the finished painting.

The finished grayscale masterpiece was Vaughn's image.

"This should be good enough." Y/n looked at the basket filled with pastries.

After she wrapped up the present, she changed clothes and combed her silky loosed hair.

Y/n was a bit tired to tie it up so she just let it loose all the way to her waist.

As she was about to leave her apartment, she glanced at the artwork she painted earlier.

It was leaning on the canvas stand and the image of Vaughn was perfectly captured.

'I'm gonna frame it later.'

When she got out, she pressed the doorbell on Vaughn's door.

It was a good thing that his place was very near to hers. Y/n wondered why she hadn't seen him after all this time.

*Click*

The door opened slightly and Vaughn peeked out his face behind the door.

"Y/n?" He widened his eyes.

"Hello, Vaughn. Am I interrupting you?" Y/n smiled.

"No. Come inside." He immediately replied.

"Then, hope you don't mind."

Y/n entered his apartment and the size was similar to hers. But Vaughn's interior was much more neat than hers.

"Please take a seat." He gestured her to sit on the sofa.

"Thank you. And here, it's a gift."

Y/n handed the basked to Vaughn. He slightly opened the cover and the scent of dessert was spreading all over the room.

"This is for me?"

"Yes. You don't like it? Then I'll take it-"

"It's mine now." He hugged the basket.

'.... So adorable. So cute. I need to control myself.'

Y/n diverted her sight to the living room and noticed that he is quite the reader.

There was a bookshelf beside the sofa and there were a lot of books placed in it.

'Ah, there's my book.'