< LXVII >

Cataleya Valentina Velez:

His gaze burns through me and I can't get rid of the feeling of his fingers around my neck. God, why now? 

'Let me go with you, let me-' 'You're staying in here.' He repeats, slowly heading to the door. 'Then it's settled, I'm going through with that deal.' 

'Cataleya, you are not going to do anything.'

'I am.' I try walking past him, but he simply pushes me back into the room.

I stumble back and keep my eyes on him. 'Why not?'

'What?'

'Why won't you let me go? It's not like you care, right?' His body tensed for a second. Wait... 

He rolls his eyes and folds his arms, staying right in the doorway.

The only way out now is through him or through the window. I'm willing to break my ankles if it meant I'll be able to get the fuck out of here.

'This is not about me.' He sneers, stepping closer.

Rio noticed my stare at the window and slowly tries to block that too. But he won't be able to block both exits at the same time.

'Then what is it about, Rio?'

He takes another step forward, realizing that I'm waiting for him to pick a side.

If he steps closer like this, I won't be able to go anywhere. He's trying to get me in a corner, making sure my only option is going through him.

'If you go with them, they'll kill you. And they won't spare North either.'

'They will. She'll be alive and-' 'But you won't.' He fumes, taking another step.

'And why does that matter to you? You have Molly right?' The name cuts through him like knives.

The first time I've ever seen him react to anything ever since that night.

'Neveah won't forgive me for letting you go. She'll try to get you back and get herself killed, meaning Leon will be devastated and he'll probably kill himself. So that's why.'

Right...

Deep down. Deep, deep down, I thought it would be something else.

I thought he would finally admit to his feelings, that he would finally change his mind about me. About us.

But no.

Why?

Why did I think he would change his mind? After months? Why?

'We have a plan-' 'A plan that won't work.' He sneers, not even letting me finish.

'You don't know that, you barely let us explain anything!' I shout back, trying to run past him.

His arms wrap around me and he throws me on the ground, making my back hurt like crazy.

I need a few seconds to regain myself as the world starts spinning, before sitting up straight and keeping my eyes on him.

'I know that you're little plan will fail, so don't even start with me.' He fumes, stepping back to the door. 'I honestly thought you weren't this stupid.' Stupid? 

He thinks it's stupid that I want to save my best friend? He barely listened to a word I had to say, and he has the nerve to call me stupid? 'Fuck you.' 

'You'll stay in here and let me handle it.' No. I don't believe he'll try. He won't try at all. 'If you even care about me in the slightest, you'll let me help!'