Chapter 43

Thank you for your lovely votes and comments on the previous chapter❤

Sonal's POV:

(In the car)

We have been driving to the city outskirts for the past one hour.

The moment we retired from our room Arjun has never left my hand.

Even in the car, he was clutching my hand in his as if I would run away from him.

I kept staring at the feared Arjun who was looking outside the window lost in his world.

As my one hand was clutched by him I rested my free hand over his only to get his attention.

He looked at me with his innocent baby face that was reflecting his scared state and my heart clenched seeing him in that condition.

Lifting my free hand I placed it over his cheek and blinked my eyes gesturing that I am with him.

He too placed his hand over mine that was cupping his cheek and blinked his eyes as I did and his lips formed a thin line.

And the car halted and Mohan Bhaiya announced "Bhaiya we have reached"

And the next moment I could see his expression changing within a fraction of seconds. His eyes again recharged with a hint of fear.

Sensing his discomfort I made him move out of the car.

It was barren land and I could see 3 more cars parked.

Holding his hand we strolled further and I found a set up of Pind Daan Kriya.

A man of my Baba's age performing the vidhi in front of the photo that depicted a Woman of age 20+.

My eyes rolled to check out the people over there.

I saw Maa...Badimaa (Raghav's mother) and one more lady same of my Maa's age standing along with them.

Next, I saw My Baba and Raghav standing opposite them.

With a number of questions attacking my mind we stood next to Baba and Raghav.

Arjun was just constantly staring at the picture standing like a solid rock.

Who's the lady in the picture??

With my free hand, I held his forearm and his hold my on other hand tightened.

It took me no time to realize that he is going through something very bad.

I made sure to make him feel my presence every passing second.

"Bappa please give me the strength that I can make him stand strong"

While I was praying closing my eyes, Raghav whispered something really shocking and unexpected in my ears that made my eyes bulge out.

"The lady in the picture is Arjun's Mother"

I looked at him in disbelief for which he just shook his head.

If Arjun's mother is no more in this world then who is the lady to whom Aaru addresses as Maa??

While I was confused with the happenings around me I heard the priest saying "One by one all of you join your hands and pray for her soul"

As he said one after the other everyone present there paid homage kneeling in front of the photo.

Now it was our turn and suddenly my heart raced thinking about my baby who was standing next to me clutching my hand.

"Arjun Jao Beta" (Arjun Go Son) Rubbing his back Baba gave him some strength and then he looked at me with his tears brimming in the corner of his eyes.