Chapter 31

Ryder's POV

Liam was out of it the whole morning. After Ian left, he was staring into space before he started crying. I couldn't console him because he looked at me like I killed his pet.

His gaze was enough to send me to hell. I couldn't stay any longer because I was already late, and he said that he wants to spend time with his family.

I didn't know why he was angry at me. This feeling of anxiety is not something I want to feel, so I wanted to read his mind. I didn't make it a habit to invade his thoughts, but I had to do it that time.

"Don't you even dare." He pointed an accusing finger at me like he knows what I'm about to do.

"I wasn't doing anything." I answered innocently and shook my head. My reply was enough to make him explode and I thought smoke would come out of his ears.

"You- You- dogpoop!" He screamed at me before storming towards the door and banging it shut. I looked at the ground before my body began to tremble with laughter.

Dogpoop? Fuck, he was really cute.

*Whistle*

"Move! Move your fucking asses!" Kayne's profanities can be heard from a mile away. When I arrived, he was already starting training.

"Hey." I nodded and gave him a bro hug that he returned. There was a devilish glint in his eyes that made me groan early in the morning.

"I'm very curious to know the reason why you're late for the first time." He tried to hide his grin but I already saw it. I sighed and rubbed my forehead before I turned my attention to the Legion.

"I overslept." Shit. The excuse sounded so dumb even to my ears. We don't sleep much. We only rest when we're injured. I closed my eyes and mouthed a curse.

"Hhhmm, really?" He was mocking me. The asshole.

I cleared my throat and crossed my arms over my chest, ignoring the laughter on his voice.

"Have you seen Liam? He wasn't in his room this morning. I remember bumping into him last night." He asked innocently and cupped his chin, trying to look as if deep in thought.

"Uuhh, yeah. I passed by him on my way here." I shifted my feet and I could hear his snort because of the awkwardness in my voice.

"How was he?"

"Good."

"Was he sore?"

"No."

"How did you know?"

"N-No."

"Did you do it last night?"

"Fuck you."

He cackled and began laughing so hard that he bent over. The Legion noticed and I sent them a death glare which made them ignore Kayne's hysterics.

"We didn't do it last night, you bastard. Besides, how did you know he was in my room?" I asked him but he was on the ground, holding his stomach as he died out of laughter.

"He- He-" He couldn't stop laughing so I kicked him in the gut. He choked and coughed but I ignored him as I inserted my hands on my pocket.

"It was midnight and he said he was on his way to your room to exercise! You two really suit each other. You both suck at lying." He gave me a dirty look and got up from the ground before dusting his knees.

"So, did you at least get some action last night?" He wiggled his brows and did vulgar gestures with his fingers. I rubbed my face with my hands as I sighed.