Sober up

You had gotten off work early. Why? You weren't actually quite sure. Your department director just kinda walked up to you, smiled, told you good job, and then she said you could go home for the day. So you finished up the spreadsheet you had been working on, grabbed your purse, and left.

When you got home, your husband was sleeping on the couch. He still had his work slacks on so you assumed he might have came home and passed out. His white shirt was wrinkled and unbuttoned.

You quietly took off your shoes, walking over to the man you married. He had a sweet face when he wasn't smirking. He had nice eyelashes too and incredibly pretty skin.

It made you wonder what someone like him saw in someone like you? You were pretty average in your opinion and he was carved like a statue. 'I'm really lucky,' you thought, sighing dreamily.

You noticed that his face was a little flushed. You placed a gentle hand on his forehead. He didn't seem to be struggling with a fever, but his skin was warm to the touch.

You leaned down closer to him, placing a little kiss on his cheek. He smelled a little like alcohol and breath mints.

He had mentioned something about meeting his brother for a meal, but you didn't think he'd drink so early in the day. Then again, his brother was the type to add alcohol to his morning cereal so why wouldn't they drink a little?

It still made you worried though. Your husband wasn't the type to get drunk, and if he did get drunk, you could never tell. However, you had experienced a hangover with him once before and–

Just the thought worried you.

You walked to the kitchen, planing on making a quick something to sober your husband up.

He could wake up with a horrible headache or he could wake acting as usual, as if he hadn't drank at all.  Either way, you were going to prepare.

You made some soup, playing it safe by making something that would hydrate him. You went heavy on the potatoes because you heard carbs would help with hangovers. You also toasted some bread to eat on the side.

You poured a glass of water, setting aside some pain killers for later.

"Just in case." You said to yourself, determined to nurse you husband back to health if he needed it.

Stated previously, you had only seen him hungover once and boy was it a sad sight to behold. He was so miserable, upset that he wasn't able to get up and do anything with you since he was bedridden with the worst headache of his life.

And just like this time, the only reason his hangover was so bad was because he was out drinking with his brother, who liked to challenge him to drinking games. And Edgar, being the man he was, never said no to a challenge despite the fact that he never won said challenges.

"This should make him feel better." You chirped, turning off the stove. Everything was nice and hot, ready to be eaten. Now all that's was left was to wake up–

"Honey." Lips made contact with the shell of your ear. "All this for me?" You jumped, your heart beating uncontrollably.

"Eddy!" You squealed. "You scared the life out of me."

All he did was hum, wrapping his arms around your waist like he had done so many times before. You wriggled out of his grasp, turning to face him. "Why are you shirtless?" You asked, circling around him. "Are you... feeling okay?"

He shrugged. "I got hot."

There was definitely something odd about him. Edgar was pretty much the same when he's drunk. He laughed a little easier but other than that, he was relatively normal. However, this time, he wasn't acting relatively normal. Actually, his behavior was a little new to you. Was he drugged or something?