Chapter Seven

The next morning I woke up sprawled on the couch and a heavy weight on my chest

The next morning I woke up sprawled on the couch and a heavy weight on my chest. I shifted uncomfortably but the pressure on my body kept me from moving too much.

I blinked open my eyes and when I glanced down my eyes widened when they saw a fluff of dark hair and I realized the weight was Aster.

He was still laying on top of me, his head resting right under my chin and the rest of his body laid between my legs. His arms were tightly winded around my waist and his back moved with the breaths he took.

I had never seen Aster sleep as he always went to sleep after I did and woke up before I did.

Unfortunately I couldn't see his face as it was buried in my-his shirt that I was wearing.

Even after Aster had washed my clothes I was still wearing his as they were so much more comfortable. He didn't seem to mind, in fact he was the one who gave them to me when I went to shower.

I raised my arms and gently started shaking him awake. "Aster, wake up."

"Hmm?" He groaned as he slowly shifted and then he raised his head and rested his chin on my chest. He blinked his eyes open and then they came in contact with mine before he gave me a tired smile. "Morning."

"Good morning." I greeted back, returning his smile.

"Aster." I said when his eyes fluttered closed once again. "I need to go to the bathroom."

That was when he realized where exactly he was sleeping as he immediately pushed himself away from me and sat back on his knees in between my legs.

"Oh god-I'm so sorry Hyacinth." He started off with panic. "I didn't realize I fell asleep on you yesterday. I'm really sorry, I swear I didn't mean to and I-"

"Aster, it's okay!" I giggled at the pure panic on his face as I pushed myself up as well.

"I didn't mind." I smiled at him and the panic washed away as relief shone on his face.

"I'll get your crutches." He said as he stood and hurriedly went to get them from the floor where they had fallen when he had picked me up last night.

He handed them to me and I thanked him before going to the bathroom to freshen up.

When I came back I sat in front of him on my usual spot as he did my hair. I sighed with contentment at the gentle touch of his fingers wracking through my hair.

"Is it okay if I let your hair down today?" He asked and I nodded.

"Thank you, Aster." I smiled over my shoulder and he smiled back.

"You're welcome, darling."

"I'm gonna go freshen up and then I'll make breakfast. I need to go out today and I might come back a bit later but I promise to come back before lunch." He told me.