Chapter - 20

Singhania's Mansion

Mumbai

Sanjana's POV:

After meeting with Ritesh Dhananjay. I left for home as meeting was quite successful and we came to an agreement. 

Today, I realised that I don't even know a thing about Akshay's past. When I had asked Milapriya bhabhi about Avantika, he has told me to ask from him only. So, today I am going to ask him.

Nivaana is still here. Yesterday, she was out with her other friends. And today, some of her friends are coming for dinner which aparently are Akshay's acquaintances as well.

Ma has asked me to make their visit a worthwhile. So, I decided to make some of the best delicacies of Italian cuisine. Antipastos, Stuffed Ravioli, cherry tomato salad in balsamic vinegar, Pasta and fruit palette.

I wore a black lace saree with modern red blouse with my hair left open messily. I came downstairs at around 19:50 o'clock and guests are scheduled to come at 20:00. Akshay has been already informed and still he is not here. Around 4 acquaintances of  Akshay's are coming with their partners. I will not take the liberity of calling them his friends. 

Nivaana came downstairs decked in a dress from a couture house. Anyway, she was looking classy, elegant and sophisticated. 

"Hey! Nivaana, you look stunning." I complemented her.

"Thanks. You too." She replied. I was about to leave for the kitchen to check the last minute details when she asked "Akshay, not here yet?" She questioned.

"No, might be stuck with some important work. I will give him a call." I answered.

"You check on the food. I will call him." She claimed.

"Ok." I shrugged and nodded. I check all the dishes and everything was perfect. I was arranging the cutlery on the table when doorbell rang. Akshay is here. 

I left the kitchen and glanced toward clock before going for the door but Nivaana already beat me to it. She came with a couple in late 20s.

"Sanjana, this is Avinash and his wife Tejaswini. He is working as Executive Head in Graff Tech and his wife is a Professor." She introduced them.

"Hi, nice to meet you." I greeted them and asked them to take a seat.

"What you guys would like to have?" I asked.

"Preferably Coffee." Avinash replied for both of them.

"How you like your coffee?" I asked.

"I like strong coffee with more cream and less sugar." Avinash replied.

"I like weak with more cream and more sugar." Tejaswini followed.

"I will be back with your coffee." I smiled and left for the kitchen.

I was almost finished with the coffee when Nivaana came to kitchen.

"Sanjana, Akshay is not picking up his phone." She said while frowning.

"No need to panic. I will try once again and if he is not picking up, we can call Alex." I non-chalantly replied.

"By the way, all my friends are here and they all want coffee, make normal one." She replied and went away.

I started making coffee and called Akshay. He picked up the phone.