Chapter - 27

Singhania Mansion
Mumbai

Sanjana's POV:

My family will be here in Singhania Mansion in next 15 minutes and I have not come up with a single idea as to why they are suddenly being moved to Mumbai.

I knew for a matter of fact that minions of Akshay Singhania are not going to open their damn mouth even if someone's life is on stake. They will parrot their uasual response." We are just following orders."

I just want to throttle Akshay. He always finds way to get me in trouble and irritate me.

I am sitting in hall mindlessly watching tv when suddenly Ma switched the screen off.

"Sanjana your family will be here in 10 minutes and you are watching tv. Go check if everything is ready for their stay."Ma scowled at me.

"Yeah, yeah I am going." I muttered and go on to check if guest rooms were readied or not.

Everything was perfect. The rooms have been recently cleaned. The sheets and curtains were changed. And they looked ready out of a home decor magazine.

As soon as I finished checking the rooms a helper came and informed me that my family has arrived.

I was about to go down when I remembered that I was wearing jeans. My mother will kill me if she sees me like this, so I make a mad dash to my room and haphazardly throw a saree in 5 minutes.

When I reached downstairs my family has already made themselves comfortable.

"Here she is." Ma smiled at me.

I touched the feet of my parents and sat down between them.

"Sanjana, why we are suddenly being flown to Mumbai?" I have not even breath and my mother's questioning already started.

"Yes Sanjana? Pray tell why you insisted your parents being flown here as soon as possible." Came the taunting voice of Akshay Singhania.

My parents stood up when he came to sat down. He greeted them with a respectable nod. Same greeting to my Bhai-Bhabhi and Di-Jeeju.

"Sanjana, they are waiting for you to answer their question." Akshay prompted.

"I was just missing you guys so much. I just wanted to meet you all." I lamely muttered.

"Sanjana, when you will realize that you are married now." My mother scolded me sternly.

I lowered my head in embarrasment. When I raised my head I found that devil enjoying my misery.

"Okay, that's enough. You guys must be tired. Why don't I let you Veena lead you to your rooms. Lunch will be in an hour it will give you enough time to freshen up." Ma came to my rescue and my family was send to their rooms.

Everybody scattered and it was just Akshay and I in the living room.

"You enjoying this?" I asked him while narrowing my eyes.

"Yes, very much." He smugly replied.

"I will have my revenge. You just wait and watch." I challenged him.

"Game on, Mrs. Singhania." He muttered indicating his exception of challenge.

--

It has been two days since my family arrived here and I still have not gotten my revenge at Akshay.

My mother is at my case every second. I should respectfully talked to my husband, I should take care of him and what not.

She was never this strict when I was unmarried. And suddenly when I am married she is hell bent on pointing out my every mistake.

And to make me more miserable Akshay is enjoying every second of it.

But tonight will be my payback to him for his every laugh at my expanse.

I get ready for the night very carefully. I wore a net saree with the skimpiest of blouse available out their. I carefully did my makeup and applied a tempting red lipstick to go with.

I gazed at my reflection in the mirror and smirked to myself thinking he would know what hit him.

Akshay's POV:

My life has changed very much since my marriage.

Whereas before marriage it was my work, my mum and my family which mattered to me but now a more important person is addes to that list and it is my wife.

Sanjana: I don't know when she became an integral part of my life but she did.

She is beautiful, intelligent, strong and most importantly independent.

I never knew that after my past I will again have feelings for someone but here I am.

I will not say that I love her. I care for her deeply. I enjoy irritating her. I enjoy our little banters.

She is not perfect but then no one is perfect. Her imperfections make her perfect. Her one quality qhich I don't like is that she is impulsive.

And that leads her to do things which she regrets later. But I guess she will learn with time that it can lead to serious reprecussions for her.

I closed my laptop when I realised that I will not be able to get done any work and with that I made way to our room.

And when I opened the door.....

**