Chapter - 38

Singhania's Mansion

Mumbai

Sanjana's POV:

I had cooked a very delicious meal for my husband and he loved it. Sometimes, the small gestures can give you so much happiness that you can't even comprehend it fully.

Being with Akshay gives me immense happiness and I guess that what love is. It is happiness but it also comes with many emotions: pain, betrayal, anger and sometimes sadness.

It is part and parcel of every relationship, just the intensity of each emotions is different with every relationship.

And it was not known to me that I was going to feel each one of these emotions and that too in full intensity.

"Where are you lost?" Asked Akshay while taking seat beside me in the living area.

"I am thinking about Love." I answered while smirking slighlty at him.

He uneasily shifted in his seat and asked "What about it?"

"I don't want my husband to get any more uncomfortable, so I would rather not discuss." I caressed his hair. It is as always smooth. I have tried using his shampoo and my hair was just as it was before. I am not saying I have bad hair but it is not pantene commercial worthy as his.

"So much care for him, huh?" He asked while playing with fingers of my hand. Same one with which I was caressing his hair. He does not like messing it up while outside bedroom.

"Yes, most in the world. Jealous?" I asked while trying to defeat him in finger fight which is just wasting the effort. 

"Very. I wish I had someone who cared for me that much?" He played along. 

"You have me." And was where the whole mood was ruined because someone decided to butt in without knowing the whole conversation. 

And that someone was none other than wicked witch of the west Ahaana. 

"The one who will have someone as caring as you would be the unluckiest person in whole world." I muttered under my breath but Akshay heard it and he burst laughing. 

"Oh God, baby. That was just savage." He said in between his laughs. 

"It was fitted." We both were hell bent ignoring someone. 

"No doubts there, anyway I have to meet with Ranvijay's family. I am off." Akshay said while adjusting his suit jacket. 

"Wait a minute, Where are you meeting Ranvijay's family? Don't tell me in some restaurant. They were supposed to be invited at home." I informed him exasperated. 

"I was only informed that I need to meet his family. Nobody mentioned it has to be here and with whole family." Akshay muttered with same exasperation. 

"Because that's common sense. You don't go inviting your sister's soon to be laws in some resort and to meet yourself when you don't know anything about Shagun and all." I whisper shouted at him.

"Don't get riled up. I will ask Alex to invite them here and pick them up. You make arrangements for dinner." Akshay controlled the situation as usual. 

"I will help her." Ahana decided to be part of conversation. 

"You are a guest in this house and we don't make our guest work for other guests." I said in sickeningly sweet tone. 

She left from there fuming. Akshay has busied himself in barking orders at Alex about change of the plans. 

--

All the preparations of Ranvijay's family were completed. Today, the families were gathering to discuss the shaguns to be given to both bride and groom.

"Sanjana, are all the preparations done?" Asked Ma while adjusting her stunning ivory gold saree. 

"Yeah, everything is as per Akshay and your's instructions." I replied while adding some last minute touches to the food. 

"Good." With that she start instructing the helpers to go and ask everyone to come down. 

The whole family was here except Akshay. Alex informed that he is on an urgent call and will join us in few minutes. 

Ranvijay's family has arrived and they were dressed to impress. His sisters were talking with Kirti Di and his mother with Ma.Mila Bhabhi and I were in conversation with Ranvijay's brother's wife- Heena. 

"Are all preparations done?" Asked Heena. 

"Ofcourse, Akshay is handling it so everything is sorted." Mila Bhabhi boasted even before I can open my mouth. 

"Bhabhi, don't let him hear you, it will inflate his larger than life ego some more." I muttered while rolling my eyes. 

"If you don't mind me asking why is he not here?" Asked Heena. 

"He will be here shortly. He is just a little busy." I answered. 

"These Mr. and Mrs. Oberoi does not have any work other than mannerless daughter of theirs. By the way, where is that witch? Usually, she is very much interested in fake kindness." Mila Bhabhi suddenly bited. 

"I don't know. I am going to go and call Akshay for dinner." I muttered under my breath. 

There was this uneasiness in my heart and I just wanted to be with him. 

"Once he will be free, he will be here. We should set the table." Mila Bhabhi coerced.

"Yeah, ofcourse." I caved in. 

We have just finished setting the table when Ma asked me to call Akshay. 

I made my way upstairs to his office. I was about to knock when I heard Ahaana. 

Ahaana and Akshay, why are they here? The uneasiness I was feeling amplified several times. I decided to knock and enter but Ahaana's words stopped me and my whole world. 

"Akshay, you know I love you. I made a mistake, please forgive me." Ahaana confessed while hugging him.

I stood behind the door listening to her, confessing her love for my husband. I had a clear view of them and seeing her so close to my Akshay tore my heart out. 

Akshay push her away. I screamed in my head. Begging him to not to do something which will break my heart, which will tore me to pieces, which will leave me scarred forever.

And when he hugged her back, it was when I felt the pain of heartbreak. 

The pain was so unbearable that it almost made me gasp out loud. Tears of anguish were flowing from my eyes and heart. I was crying for the love I had for him but there was still a hope that my Akshay will not betray me. 

"And I don't feel anything for you. Not even dislike because it will give you some worth in my life which you don't have and don't deserve." When he said that the pain in my heart turned into love and respect for him. The tears of anguish were now tears of joy. I hastily wiped my tears and left from there. 

I composed myself and came downstairs. 

"Sanjana, where is Akshay?" Asked Ma. 

"He is coming." I have just said the words and Akshay appeared on the threshold of the stairs, he sauntered down like the King he is. 

He truly is my King and my Heart. 

--XX--