CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

Treatment with the Healers didn't take as long as Liliya had expected but she still didn't want to drag herself out of bed again. Her arms wrapped around her pillow as she nuzzled her face into the soft sheet. Aleksander was up and he had been at his office for an hour or so before he walked back in to ensure she was okay.

When he found her lying in bed still, he waited for a minute. He didn't know if she was asleep and her snores were usually a sign but they didn't come. She was awake. He walked over to the bed and lay down beside her. The sinking of the mattress made Liliya lift her head. The red locks falling across her eyes and she attempted to blow it away but it fell back into place.

"My whole body hurts," She complained, "And my collarbones are itchy," She added in a mutter. Her pout only grew as she stared up at him. Aleksander lifted his hand and pushed the hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear.

"Show me," He said. His tone left no room for denial so Liliya sat up and pushed her back against the headboard. She tugged the collar of the dressing gown down and the red irritated and slightly bloody scabs came into view. Aleksander scrutinised them and had to snatch her hand away before she scratched it.

"If I keep picking at it, the scars will stay. So I want to but it hurts," Liliya mumbled as she dropped her hand into her lap. Aleksander met her gaze and she sent him a small smile before her head tilted back to rest against the wall. He stared at her for a long moment before he took a hold of her hands.

"Don't you think it's time to heal them?" He questioned. Liliya shook her head and intertwined their fingers. She knew that he was probably right but she didn't want to get rid of them. They were something to remind her who she was, where she came from and the suffering that she had been put through but now she was okay. They were important.

"They stay. I like them," Liliya reaffirmed as she ran her fingers along the scabs before pausing her hand on them again. Aleksander sighed and watched as her nails began to gently scrape at the scabs. The skin becoming irritated as she began to pull the scab away.

"Do not pick them," Aleksander scolded as he grabbed her hand and pulled it away gently. The scab was already half peeling and the blood slowly seeped out. He sighed and grabbed a cloth from the bedside table. It had been there all night after how Liliya had come back looking. He pressed the cloth against her scab.

"I'll try not to," She mumbled as she watched him. He nodded and moved his other hand to push the hair out of her face. His fingers running through her red locks. His eyes flicking across her features, taking her in. The silence growing between them as he pulled the cloth bath. Blood was now in a small red patch on the cloth but that the scab was already beginning to reform, "I should tell you about what Isaak is planning," Liliya said as she grabbed his hand. Their fingers intertwining. Aleksander nodded and discarded the cloth. He sat down and pulled her onto his lap/