Chapter 8.2

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! " Dumbledore said, smiling widely at the all the students.

Ariel sighed, not at all wishing to hear what he said.She just stared down at her empty plate, still trying to digest what had happened at the train station. She could feel tears forming at the brim of her eyes just at the mere thought of her 'father'.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard McGonagall call out "Potter, Harry".

Ariel whipped her head so fast towards the platform at the front of the great Hall, that it felt like her neck would snap.

She saw, as a boy with jet black hair walked forward towards the stool. He walked as is he owned the place, a large smirk on his face.The.smirk seemed to widen when the Sorting Hat declared him a Gryffindor.

He swaggered towards the Gryffindor table, hands in the pocket of his robes, a few girls and some boys staring at him. And, oh boy, If looks could kill, the Potter boy would have been not 6, but 10 feet under the ground.

And to her dismay, he took a seat right in front of her .Leonard and Vedika, who were sitting on either side of Ariel, shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

Ariel, teeth gritted, just stared down at the empty plate in front of her , a fork held tightly in her hands . She felt Leonard wince when the fork in her hand broke. She was aware of a few people staring or glaring at her, but she could care less. She felt, a pair of eyes on her from right in front of her. She knew who it was, but, she knew that if she looked up - she would not be able to control her anger. Well.... She couldn't control her anger and irritation at that moment too.... So, she looked up, wearing the horrifying calm but angry look that made people run away from her. But, to her utter utter dismay, the younger boy in front of her just grinned at her.

" Would you stop digging holes into my head " Ariel snapped at the boy.

"Hello! " The boy chirped enthusiastically, ignoring her statement, completely as he pushed his round glasses up his nose.

Ariel just nodded at him and repeated her sentence again.

" Would you stop -"Ariel began but was cut off by the boy again.

" I am Potter, Harry Potter. You are? " The boy asked. Is this bitch deaf or something? Ariel thought to herself.

"Ariel " Ariel replied plainly.

" Ariel what? " Potter asked.

"That's none of your business " Ariel replied calmly , looking the boy dead in the eye.

The feast began a few minutes later and all of them dug in. Ariel sighed and she piled some food into her plate , smiling lightly as she kept nodding and adding her little comments on Leonard and Vedika's conversation.

She frowned when she felt a pair of eyes on her. She looked up, only to find the Potter boy staring at her with a dark look in his emerald green eyes.

" What do you want Potter " Ariel said, her voice calm but her mind was encouraging her to punch the boy right in the face.

"Just.... Curios.... About your name "He replied, going straight to the point.

" And what does my name has to do anything with you ?" Ariel said, her voice rising.

" Well.... What is better than knowing the name of a beautiful girl sitting in front of you " He said and Ariel sighed, knowing to well that he won't leave her alone until she told him her name.

" Ariel Black. Now let me rest in peace " Ariel said, clapping her hands together and joining them, as if begging him to leave her alone. But, the boy grew more excited after hearing her last name.

" Black.... As in Black, Black? "He asked, his eyes twinkling.

Ariel just nodded.

" As in the pure blood Blacks? " He asked and Ariel mumbled a small yes.

" Black as in The Noble and most Ancient House of Black? " He asked and Ariel replied with a yes, just a little bit louder.

" Black as in my Godfather S-" He began , but Ariel have had too much of his shit .

" yes! Black as in your Great Godfather Sirius Black! Now leave me alone! " Ariel said, pointing her broken fork at the boy. Harry winced, but his gaze on her didn't flicker for even a second.

Harry stared at her , his eyebrows furrowed.

" How did you know that Sirius Black is my Godfather ?" He asked. Leonard and Vedika, who were listening intently to their conversation, glared at the boy. Vedika reached out and held Ariel's hand tightly in hers under the table.

Ariel cleared her throat and awkwardly answered.

" Well.... Who doesn't know your father.... And -uh-huh anyway - word travels quickly in families " Ariel mumbled, but she was sure that it didn't convince the boy. Harry raised a suspicious eyebrow, but shrugged nonetheless and went back to his food.

Ariel felt her appetite die down as she pushed her plate away from her. Dumbledore stood up a few minutes later and cleared his throat.

"Ahem - just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well."

Dumbledore's twinkling eyes flashed in the direction of Ariel, Vedika , Leonard and the Weasley twins.

"I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors. Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their House teams should contact Madam Hooch. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

Excuse me what?

These were exactly Ariel's thoughts. She shrugged, as she tried to process all that that had happened that day. As they headed to their dormitories, Vedika kept asking Ariel if she will try out for the Quidditch team that year. But, Ariel wasn't listening, because she was feeling as if a huge weight was dumped on her shoulders.

A/n: This was a filler chapter and I am very sorry for that. But you will love the next chapter, believe me 🌺

And...

10 K READS!!!!! WOO-HOO! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO SO SO SO BLOODY MUCH! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU A LOT FOR READING AND LIKING THIS BOOK!!! LOVE YOU ALL 💖💖💖💖

SORRY FOR THE CAPS!! I AM JUST SO BLOODY HAPPY AND EXCITED!