chapter 7- bullying nihachu gang

the next game that's announced is ace race.

great.

"i'm going to win," tommy tells us. "i'm not half bad at this game, believe it or not."

"i thought sky battle was your speciality?" tubbo asks.

"well yeah. but this one is pretty good too. other than that time when-"

"shhhh," i interrupt. "let's not scare aubrey with stories from the past."

"stories from the past?" aubrey questions. i sigh.

"nothing important. just follow the arrows."

"hopefully they're visib-"

"SHUT UP."

"whatever. i'm just going to follow philza minecraft. he is never wrong."

"yeah?" tubbo asks. "and how well did that work out for you last time?"

"i said to not talk about that!" i interject. the two boys sigh.

"sorry, wilbur," they say. i nod.

"good."

the race starts, and tommy bolts ahead. he's zooming pretty far ahead of the rest of us, with me in second, aubrey in third, and tubbo behind all of us. he's not last, so our team overall is doing pretty well.

"i'm nervous," aubrey says while laughing shakily.

"don't worry," tommy says. "you won't lose. nihachu loses every single time. it's quite funny."

"don't be mean to niki!"

"i'm not! i am merely... laughing... with her?"

"definitely not at her, huh?"

"of course not. tommyinnit doesn't laugh AT people."

"that's the biggest fucking lie i've ever heard," tubbo pops in.

"agreed," i say. the four of us laugh.

everything is going smoothly until i hear tubbo scream.

"uh, tubbo?" i ask, raising an eyebrow.

"I MESSED UP. I'M BEHIND NIHACHU!" he yells.

"if you're behind niki then you KNOW that you're screwed," tommy says.

"stop that, tommy. don't discourage him," i tell him.

"do you disagree?" i open my mouth to say "yes" but then close it.

"yeah okay. tubbo, you should try to get back ahead, at least in front of niki. which shouldn't be too hard."

"you guys are so mean to niki," aubrey says with a laugh.

"bullying nihachu gang where you at?" tommy asks. aubrey sighs.

"bullying nihachu gang!" tubbo repeats. "by the way, i passed her again. i'm doing better."

"good good," i say, starting my second lap. tommy is somehow in second, right behind phil.

"you're doing really well by the way, tommy. keep that up," i point out. i can almost hear a smug smile form on tommy's face.

"well-"

"if you're about to say something cocky, then don't," i cut tommy off. i hear tommy sigh.

"nevermind, then." tubbo, aubrey, and i laugh.

the rest of the race goes smoothly for us. tommy ends up in second, me in eighth, aubrey in seventeenth, and tubbo in twenty-first.

"hey that's pretty good!" tubbo exclaims.

"good job, tommy!" aubrey says, clapping her hands.

"thank you, thank you. you can't see me right now but i'm taking a bow," tommy responds. we all laugh.

"you too, wilbur! top ten!" aubrey says cheerfully. i smile.

"thank you," i reply quietly, a stupid grin still plastered on my face.

(A/N: defending niki gang wya?? and just so you guys know, all the joking about niki being "bad" in this chapter is light hearted, i love niki so much [she's honestly one of my favorite streamers] and i'm not trying to hate on her or anything <33 anyway! i hope you guys liked this short chapter! please vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists! thank you so much for reading!! you're all smart, beautiful, and valid :D kiss kiss ily)