𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻

3rd person POV

3rd person POV

"Natalia...Did anyone see you come in here?" Francis said, seeing the girl waiting in his room.

"No...They never do. They never will. Nothing's changed here. Nothing has to."

"bella

"bella. What is it?" Francis asked looking back into the room he was hiding from the girls room, suddenly feeling far more guilty about what he had just done.

"Um, I brought you something, to decorate your swords with." The girl answered with a smile, making his guilt grow, holding out her hand which held small pebbles in it.

"Now's not a good time." The boy said, trying to get her to leave.

"Oh..." the girl answered, disappointed.

"Next time, you should be announced. My page is there for a reason."

"I don't understand." Arabella said, voicing her thoughts out loud.

The two had been fine the last time they spoke. More than fine even. She didn't understand the tone of his voice. Why does he sound so harsh...so mad at her?

"You shouldn't be here."

"Why do you sound so...w-what was that?" The girl asked in a soft voice, hearing a knock from inside the room, "Are you alone?A-are you with someone?"

"If you are ever going to be a queen one day, You need to understand something. Kings do not answer to anyone else" Francis answered in a harsh voice.

The girl quickly turned away after this, rushing away to her chambers, not wanting Francis to see the tears gathering in her eyes.

"Stirling...No, come back! Stirling!stirling? Stirling, come back!" Mary called out to her dog, seeing him run off into the woods and getting up to follow him.

"Go on." Bash told the other men, seeing Mary making her way towards the woods.

"Stirling, come back!"

"Mary?" Bash called after the queen.

"Stirling!"

"Mary."

"Stirling, come back!" Mary called, continuing after the animal despite the bastards calls.

"mary!"
"Stirling! Stirling! Stirling!"

"No, no, wait. Mary. Young girls... royals, queens...Do not leave the castle alone." Bath warned.

"But my-my dog..." the girl answered looking back to the forest to where the do had gone.

"Let him go. Do not go into those woods. Do you hear me?" Bash warned in a soft voice.

"Why not? What's in those woods Besides my dog, who I might've caught If you hadn't stopped me." She asked in frustration, she was so sick of everything at court at the moment m, she just wanted to return home.

"He'll find his way back. There's food and warmth. Who wouldn't want to be at the castle?...Except, perhaps, you. Rather be at the convent, would you? Eating porridge and trudging through mud?"

"I quite like the way mud feels underfoot." The queen replied matter of factly.

"Maybe you'll be sent back to the nuns. For misbehaving."

"You're cheeky." Mary replied with a smile.

"And you're upset about more than your dog Taking a little jaunt into the wild. What is it?"

"You should ask your brother...and my cousin..." the queen replied, trailing off slightly.

"Ask them what?"

"Why he's such a moody, arrogant ass...who only wants to spend time with and be nice to a woman he's not going to marry....and ask ara why s-she always seems to want anything that's mine..." the girl answered, in a slightly broken voice.

"We're half-brothers, by the way. Nothing in common but our father, really."

"Oh."

"But I'll mention your discontent to francis...though I'm not sure what I can do about your cousin"

"Don't bother." Mary replied.

"And I'll find your dog." The boy added, smiling down at the girl.

" The boy added, smiling down at the girl

Words: 613