Chapter 60 - Sleepover

Kara, Lena and Alura all wake up on the Thursday morning, the day after yet another assassination attempt on Lena, and the two parents have had a bit of a difficult start to their days. The reason for this was simply because Alura did not want to go to school, due to the fact that she does not want to have her 'momma' out of her sight, even for a single second. Of course, both Kara and Lena are very understanding to Alura's situation, as in the last few months, the little girl has experienced far too much emotional turmoil, and she does not deserve that. Kara and Lena both know that the attempt on Lena's life completely has freaked Alura out, making her clingier than ever. But at the same time, the two parents both are aware that Alura really needs to go to school. Alura has already missed a lot of school this year, due to her illness at the end of the previous year, the start of the school year, so she can't afford to miss more time. Then at the same time, Alura's spring break is literally only two days away, so if they can just get her to go to school for two more days, then she could have the break she wants, and spend as much time with her two parents as is feasibly possible.

Ultimately Lena and Kara attempted various things to try and encourage Alura to go to school, however, they never resulted to getting angry with her, or simply ordering her that she has to go to school, like some parents do. Lena and Kara both know that Alura is in a very delicate emotional state right now, so being strict with her will not be helpful, and really could just trigger the young girl, and send her into a tailspin. So, Kara and Lena resulted to bribing Alura, attempting to promise her things they could do if she went to school, and meals she could eat, and a few other things as well. But none of these bribe attempts worked. It wasn't until time was getting dangerously close to the point where if they didn't leave now Alura would be late for school, that they finally convinced the five-year-old. Kara and Lena were finally able to convince Alura on the conditions that for today and tomorrow Lena and Kara will both take Alura to school together, and pick her up together, then at the same time, Lena will stay over on the Thursday night. Obviously, they didn't have to make a deal with Alura in regards to Lena staying over on the Friday, as they all still have their sleepover at Lena's planned for the Friday evening. But this deal struck with Alura seemed to make the young girl happy enough that she agreed to go to school, much to Kara and Lena's relief. For Lena's part, her agreeing to those terms will make things a bit more difficult for her, in regards to attempting to get on top of all her work, so she has less to do while they are in Midvale. But Lena knows that in the worst-case scenario she can just spend all of Sunday working, starting from as soon as Kara and Alura leave, and going until late in the evening.

After Kara and Lena were finally able to make this agreement with Alura, the three ladies walked to Alura's school, hand in hand, with Alura in the middle, very happy, a big smile on her face. As the trio walked to school, Lena texted her driver to let him know to pick her and Kara up out front of the school, to take them both to their respective work places. Then also, during this walk, Lena explained to Kara how she was going to spend the morning at L-Corp, doing some work, then at around lunchtime, she would head over to CatCo to spend the rest of her day, where she would need Kara's help to write the editorial on James' attack on her, and his other actions.

Eventually, Kara, Lena and Alura arrived at Alura's school, and the two parents said goodbye to their daughter, once more promising that they would both be there at the end of the day to pick her up. Alura seemed happy by this, so she gave Kara and Lena a hug and kiss each, while also telling both of her mothers that she loves them, before then heading into her classroom for the day.

After Kara and Lena left Alura's school, the two women got into Lena's driver's awaiting car, before then heading in the direction of CatCo. While the couple were in the car, they saw it as an opportunity to have a nice make out session, both kissing each other passionately, showing their love for one another. A large part of the emotions poured into the kisses were probably still leftover feelings from the previous day's attempt on Lena's life, that neither woman was really able to express to one another while Alura was constantly glued to Lena's side.