✼apology✼

Sylvia was home now, after ignoring Clay most of the day. She was upstairs for hours but finally decided to go downstairs. Mostly everyone was on the couch playing smash. 

"Sylvia! C'mere, help me kick their asses!" Nick beamed.

She nodded and walked over and sat in the middle with Nick. Sylvia rolled her eyes after she realized somehow she didn't see Clay was right next to her. He was sitting on the edge of the couch with his legs spread out, bobbing one. She noticed George, Karl, Alex, Opal, and Tommy were playing as well.

"So, are we going to share the remote?"

"Only if you want to." Nick leaned closer, "We can do teams if you'd like."

She clapped her hands, "OOOAH! Let's do teams!" 

"Here you go, Syl," Alex said while handing her a remote.

She thanked him. Nick pressed teams.

Teams were:

Nick and Sylvia
George and Clay
Karl and Alex
Tommy and Opal

"Who's name is Konkey Dong?" Sylvia asked, laughing from the inside joke she had.

Clay bit his lip for a second, then raised his hand, her smiled fade, and she looked away. Opal and Tommy were on the floor in front of their feet, so Nick lightly kicked Tommy. He snapped his head around and tried to figure out who did it by shaking his fist and yapping and yelling.

George said through his hysterical laughter, "J-just click plaAA-!"

Nick patted his back to help him through the giggles, but they didn't go away.

"I swear to god, George got a concussion from falling so much." Karl half-joked.

George made some sound that wasn't translatable, and they pressed play. The first game went by fast after Sylvia slaughtered everyone, with little help from Nick. Tommy's mouth was left hanging open as he was the first to die cause he was targeted.

"I told you she was good, Tommy!" Opal added, "Should see her in Mario Cart."

Sylvia flexed her arms, "Gamer strength!"

"I could still beat you in a Minecraft 1v1." Tommy gloated, it was probably true.

Clay laughed at him but soon stopped, not wanting to join any conversation with Sylvia.

"Got something to say, friend?" Tommy bickered.

Clay joked, "I'm not your friend, buddy."

"I'm not your buddy, pal."

"I'm not your pal, guy."

"I'm not your guy, homie."

"STOP!" George yelled at them.

Silence filled the room till Alex and Karl both started laughing. The round started again. Everything was going normal till it got to the end of the round. It was just Sylvia as Zero Suit Samus and Clay as Donkey Kong. Clay grabbed her and threw her down and up b'd to smack her several times. Sylvia got competitive and did a 2nd hit forward smash attack that can deal a lot of damage. It nearly KOed Clay. He tried to hit her into the ground, but she dodged and side specialed him. He jumped up to get away to charge his "Banana Ramma," she went for a neutral air and forward air combo while he was in the air. 

Donkey Kong was knock out of the ring and did the death animation where he flew into the screen and slid down. Sylvia stood up and cheered.

"LET'S GO!" She jumped.

Clay gritted his teeth, "GG."

That was the first time he had said something to her since their fight. She spared him a glance for a second and looked away. She sat back down and leaned her head on Nick's shoulder. They played a few more rounds without teams. All during it, Sylvia was messing with Nick, like blocking his view or pushing him. Clay sat through it all, controlling himself from hitting Nick. He clenched his jaw and tried his hardest, and succeeded.