Chapter 6:

Karma

I pulled up outside of Brandon's mom's house the same time dad's car came speeding up with mom inside.

"Bitch isn't even here." I snap getting out of the car slamming the door when I noticed her car wasn't in the driveway.

"I told you I never liked that hoe, but no you wanted to go be all buddy buddy with ya bestfriend's mom." I glared at my mom. "Now that hoodrat bitch need her ass whooped."

"Ain't neither one of yall fighting that lady." Dad said making me and mom look at him like he was crazy.

"Excuse the fuck outta you. Karma might not be, but I am her mom and I surely will beat her ass over mine. If you need to." Mom said.

"That's Bc's mom tho." My dad said. "How you think he gonna feel about yall putting hands on his mom? You should just go to him and let him handle it. I wish Jazmine would've ever even looked like touching my moms."

"But your mom wasn't on no bullshit like his mom is." Mom said.

"Poppop." Bryna said banging on the back window of my car waving at him.

"I'm literally going fuckin crazy right now. I could blow this bitches house up just fuckin because." I said trying to call her again.

"She literally keeps sending me to voicemail. I don't care who you are if you have my kids you answer the fuckin phone or get ya faced punched in."

"Why didn't you give them a list of who's allowed to pick her up?" Mom asks.

"I did and she's damn sure not the fuck on it. Brei's regular teacher wasn't there some assitant teacher was. The bitch talking about some she had the same last name, anybody can have the last name Carter, just like anybody can have a fake ID. I should have knocked that lady's head the fuck off."

"That bitch dumb, but she ain't that fuckin crazy so I doubt she would hurt Brei." My dad said walking back over towards us after giving Bryna his phone.

"See that's the thing I know she wouldn't hurt Brei. This is just her dumbass way of being able to see her. I would happily let her see them, key word them, but she's not gonna act funny towards one of mine and think it is okay."

"Mommy!" I look and see Brei running towards me smiling.

I sighed in relief bending down hugging her.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I had cupcakes!" She cheered then scrunched up her face. "But mommy I only want you picking me up from school, okay?"

"I gotchu babes. Come on, get in the car with Bryna while us grown ups talk."

"Brei you went with the mean lady?" Bryna asks as she gets in the car.

I would have laughed but my insides were still boiling wanting to slap the fuck outta this bitch.

Before I could even get to her my dad had grabbed my hands. "No dad, stop. This bitch took my daughter she needs some fuckin sense slapped into her."

She smirked. "I wonder how Brandon would feel about you talking to his mother like that."

"Bitch." I swung almost hitting her in her mouth but dad pulled me back a second too soon.

"Dad please," I beg trying to pull my arms from his hands but it did no justice since he's so much stronger than me.

"What the fuck I tell you Karma?" He asks. "And Jazmine you better not fuckin move."

"I'm good. I'm just waiting for the wrong thing to be said."

"Take ya ass home with the girls. Tell Bc and let him handle it." He said carrying me to my car.

"If you wasn't my dad I would punch you in your damn face." I said outta anger since I wanted to fight and he wasn't letting me.

"You ain't fuckin crazy. You might be my babygirl, but I'll knock ya fuckin head off. Take ya ass home, matter fact come to our house."

I glared at him as he shut the car door.

I smirked as I looked over and seeing my mom punching her in the face one good time before she was snatched up by my dad.

Now who's the one smirking bitch.

*

"Wait, wait, so she picked up Brei from school without you knowing?" Shelly asks.

I nodded sighing. This shit still had my nerves bad. Not knowing where your child is and if they are safe is so scary.

I had Brei and Bryna up under me the whole time since we've got to my mom and dad's, but I let Brei go play with Kaidy when they got here.

"They should have let yall beat that bitch the fuck up." Kaine said.

"Shut up Kaleb." Shelly said rolling her eyes.

"What? I'm deadass."

"Oh you know my crazy ass still wants to. Had to push the thoughts of me going back to that bitches house tomorrow outta my head, all outta respect for Brandon like dad said." I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Stop." I said when he plucked the side of my face.

"Mommy let's take a picture." Bryna said holding my phone with the camera already up.

"Hold on boo somebody's calling." I said as it begin ringing and it was Brandon.

I sighed answering the phone finally coming to terms that I'm not gonna beat this bitches ass like I want. I'ma just tell Brandon and let him handle it, because I would want him to come to me if it was ever some shit with my family.

"Yo what the fuck!? You and ya mom putting hands on my fuckin mom now?" Brandon snaps through the phone as soon as I answer.

"You don't even know what the fuck happened!" I snapped back. I should have known his mom would get into his ear with some bullshit first.

"Nah that's foul ass fuck. Yall suppose to be my fam, you supposedly my girl, how the fuck that look?"

"So now I'm supposedly ya girl?" I ask.

"Yeah, supposedly. Now all this shit all being questioned."

"Wow Brandon." I honestly wasn't in the mood to argue. I leaned my head back on to the couch to keep the tears that burned my eyes in.

Today started off good and just went to complete shit. Everything from this day was catching up to me. I just wanted to crawl into bed and cry, and Karma ain't no crier.

"Yeah, wow. You out here actin like a dumb ass broad. That ain't my Karmen."

"Then I won't be your Karmen or supposedly your girl, nor will I be that dumb ass broad that's waiting for you to come home because we're over." I said calmly before hanging up.

I looked up wiping my tears forgetting everybody was in the room and just witnessed that. I stood up walking off to get myself together. Of course with Bryna following me.

"Mommy you ok?" Bryna asks. "You need a kiss?"

I softly laughed. "Yeah, I'm okay and of course I'll take a kiss from my Bryn baby." I said kissing her.

"All better!" She cheered smiling making me smile. I swear my girls are everything.

"I go see what Brei and Kaidy doing." She says. I nod letting her get down and go upstairs with them.

"Wait I think she might have been serious for once." I heard Kaine try to whisper as I walked back towards the living room. "She's never that calm."

"Ka' I hear you." I said sitting back down next to my dad leaning into him as he threw his arm around my shoulder.

"Well shit," He shrugged. "Me, Kjayy, and dad are the only boy friends you need anyways baby sis."

I laughed lightly. "I love you crazy."

"I love you too lil nigga."