[2.6]

Chapter Six - Sibling Squabbles

*Genevieve*

"You did what?!" I screech, looking at Edward with a flabbergasted look on my face.

"I broke up with her," he said stiffly, obviously still upset at the reminder.

"No, no, no, you didn't just break up with her, you left in the middle of the fucking woods! Are you a complete idiot? I mean, really! I thought that you cared about her!"

"I do!" He defended, his eyes widening in shock at my words.

"Then why in the hell would you leave in the woods alone after you dropped the bomb that you were leaving!"

"I don't know, okay! Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"No! I wanted to hear that you were a least using a few of the brain cells that you still have, but no! It seems like you've officially run out! I mean, that has got to be the worst fucking thing that you've done to date," I scoff as I look at him.

"It's not like I had an entire script planned out about how I was going to tell her," he said weakly, sitting down on the couch and looking in every direction except for mine.

"Yeah, I think that's pretty obviously dipshit," I mutter, rolling my eyes. "Go mope somewhere else, I can only handle a certain amount of your idiocy in a day and I have officially hit my limit."

He just rolls his eyes and storms out of the room, making sure he slams the door as hard as he could on his way out.

"Oh, real mature," I scream, listening as he stomps down the stairs towards the kitchen, where Esme was talking with Carlisle

______________________

"Whatcha working on Ally?" I ask, sitting down on the couch next to her, glancing over at all of the papers that were scattered between her and Jasper.

"Research," she muttered, holding up two different articles and quickly reading them before putting them back in their respective spots.

I nod my head as I hum in understanding, looking over towards Jasper who was nose-deep in a philosophy book.

"How's school coming? Still working on getting that degree?" I tease. I smile as I watch him smirk and shake his head.

"Yes," he mutters, glancing over at me and raising an eyebrow. "I assume that you're here to tease me some more?"

"No, no, no!" I wave him off, watching as he nods his head skeptically and goes back to his book.

"Well I do have one question for you," I confess, "actually Emmett came up with the question and I liked it so I took it from him before he could ask you."

Jasper carefully places his bookmark in his spot before closing the book and putting it to the side. His brow raises as he again, skeptically, looks at me. "Yes?"