Ch 9: Gown

Calla POV

~~~ 

        Kaden is an asshat. 

        Lord or prince or whatever he is I don't care. Hes an asshat.

        Walking into my room and telling me that I should be thankful that things were good for me that I had nothing to complain about.

        Im a human pet and future snack of a vampire. I think that's a lot to complain about!

        Sneering I stormed into the dining room, freezing the moment I notice the black haired woman sitting next to Kadens usual chair. Red eyes flashed with hatred ones they landed on me, "oh its you. where is your master pet girl?"

        I huffed and ignored her, flopping into my seat across from where Kaden sat, I picked it because it was the furthest away and wouldn't move even if it meant my death.

        She pursed her lips and glared, opening her mouth to speak when Kaden walked in. Running a hand through his perfectly gelled hair he glanced between the two of us and sighed, "hello ladies."

        I rose a brow but ignored him.

        Angelica smiled and cooed him over to her, batting her lashes and giggling at nothing before starting a lengthy chat about some vampire I haven't ever heard of.

        I ate breakfast in uncomfortable silence, staring at my plate and gritting my teeth at every shrill laugh.

        Kaden stopped me before I was able to leave the dining room, "Pet."

        I look up at him, a frown marring my face, "yes Lord Dawson?"

        His lip twitched downwards at the formal name, glancing at Angelica he ran a hand through his hair again, "It has been brought to my attention that you ignored one of my guests...again."

        I froze as a slow smile made its way onto Angelica's face, "She was very rude Kaden. I don't mean to be rude but perhaps you are to lenient with her, you spoil her so. Perhaps she could use some punishment?"

        Kaden went stiff, his eyes flashing with anger, "Angelica it is not your place to tell me what to do with my pet, spoiling her is my choice and so will be the decision if punishment necessary or not."

        Angelica offered what I guessed what was supposed to be a kind, soothing smile, "My apologies Kaden I just worry she takes advantage of your generosity. She has such nice things and yet she is so rude, its like she doesn't even understand how fortunate she is."

        Kaden looked her over for a second before glancing at me, "and what would you suggest  I do Angelica?"

        Her smile turned catlike, "I would suggest you actually take the time to punish her a few good lashes couldn't hurt."

        I stiffened remembering the beatings I would receive in the pet shop. I instantly tried to decipher the best route from the room if Kaden decided she was right.

        "No. Calla has had enough rough treatment in her life and she has been good since arriving her, better than what I had expected from what the pet shop had informed me of. I do not wish to mark my pet with ugly red marks and scars."

        "...Then how about taking away a privilege? You give her so much Kaden, shoes, jewels, makeup, and everything she desires. Show her that although you treat her well, she cannot become spoilt ."