44: Cheesecake

"Open your mouth and say ahh." Zed moved the spoonful of rice and some dismembered chicken on top of it until it got close on Aeiou's mouth.

"Cut if off! You said I use the spoon after you. Why are you feeding me?!" Aeiou snapped, his voice carried a hint of threat once he spoke again. "Are you really looking for trouble?" 

Not really caring about what Aeiou had said, "Wide open, ahh."

Aeiou was vexed. But he opened his lips and let Zed push the spoon gently inside his mouth.

"Youmm fuckimm stummimmm." (You fucking stupid...) he nodded as he chew the juiciness out of the meat.

Zed then gave Aeiou the spoon. "Now, do it to me."

Aeiou's eyes lit up until he heard what Zed had said. "What?"

"You deaf? Do it to me."

The two boys took turns on using the single spoon. Zed was evidently excited and Aeiou was squinting every time he got fed or he feed Zed. When the students came back, they saw this and felt relieved.

Months ago, these two boys was always on each other's neck. Kicking their seats and unendingly giving each other death stares. But now, they are facing each other, and eating with only one spoon and one plate.

The two guys finished the entire meal. 

"Oh yeah. I made some cheesecake for dessert." Zed reached for the bag to get the cheesecake.

"You made what?"

"Cheesecake."  Zed handed Aeiou a box. Then, he removed all the the other things on the table and took the cake from Aeiou's hand, put it on the space between them, and flipped the cover. Using the plastic spoon they used, Zed separated a slice and grabbed it by the crust. He raised the slice to Aeiou's face.

Aeiou looked around him. Some of their classmates had already came back. His face changed into myriad of colors. He went from normal red to ghastly pale.

"Why didn't you tell me they had come back?" 

"Doesn't matter." 

"No way! Let's wrap this up. Everyone's looking at us, stop that."

Zed turned his head to the onlookers. Every other students turned their eyes away quickly. "See? No one's looking. Say ahh..."

Aeiou didn't know what to do. But once a sweet and salty smell wafted against his nose he automatically opened his mouth. Once he bit the tip of the slice, flavors quickly melted in his mouth. Aeiou's eyes lit up. My father should taste this! Not even thinking anymore, Aeiou held Zed's wrist and munched on the remaining slice.

"Where did you buy this?" Aeiou wiped his mouth. 

"I made it."

Aeiou found it very hard to believe. "Liar."

"What is there to lie about?"

Aeiou stared at Zed blankly, then he moved his gaze to the box. Then he moved his eyes back at Zed again. There was no hint of lies in Zed's eyes, nor was there any signs of seals or packaging tapes from a baking store on the box. So it could be truly Zed's cheesecake.

Aeiou's tone was bright when he said, "Let's eat the half, and share the other half to someone."

Zed squinted his eyes in dismay. In his mind, this someone could only be no other than his cousin, Heather. "No."

Zed was about to take a slice but was dumbfounded when there was no spoon on his ahnd anymore. 

"I wasn't asking." Aeiou fiddled the spoon with his fingers.