12. god is a woman*

When I got home from Vegas the first thing I did was check on Evie

When I got home from Vegas the first thing I did was check on Evie. She was old and sometimes grouchy, but we fit well together. She'd started showing up at my window the second week I lived here and I just couldn't stomach the thought of her sleeping outside so I let her in.

The window had been open ever since then, but if she left I never knew. She was always there when I got home.

I scratched behind her ears and under her chin, her loud purrs always made me smile. I remember the second or third day she was with me. I decided I was going to bathe her because she smelled like trash...needless to say, she was not quite used to that and it didn't go well.

However, that was the day I found out that she was a primarily white cat, not grey. Just a few spots of black on her, like leaving her white would have made her too innocent. I liked it.

We had a good arrangement, she would do whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted, destroy my furniture in the process, and would care for her until the end of time and grant her every wish.

Balanced, yanno?

After I refilled her food and gave her fresh water and a lot of treats, she finally released me from my duties and let me settle in.

I got my suitcase unpacked right away, sorting out the dirty and clean clothes, tossing them in the hamper, and setting the rest aside to be put away. I took my essentials out of the luggage and carried them with me to the small master bathroom, where I quickly put them away before stripping down to shower.

The water was hot enough to fill the small bathroom with steam. I took a few deep breaths through my nose to help clear out any leftover congestion from traveling, and then I stepped inside. The hot water felt incredible on my tense muscles, I let it wash over me and melt them down to a relaxed state.

I stood there for a good while, not doing anything but warming up under the water, relaxing, and letting my mind wander about the week ahead.

It was going to be a busy one, being out of town meant that Niall and I would be in the studio long past closing time, trying to finish mixes and masters for clients that we couldn't get to while we were gone. Loving my job was kind of a curse really, I don't know why I chose to do something that I actually gave a shit about when I knew that my time would be compromised.

It was worth it though, hearing people's songs come together or full albums come together. It was rewarding to play a part in that. It was a lot of fucking work though.

Relaxation was necessary. If I was going to be at my best this week, I needed to relax and there was no better way to relax than with a good old-fashioned orgasm.

I grabbed my body wash from its place on the shelf and worked it into a sudsy lather across my skin. I coated each arm quickly and then ran my hands down my chest, toward the butterfly inked under my sternum. I washed my skin in slow circles and closed my eyes to lose myself in a daydream.