Lay Me Down Chapter 24

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

P.S i know it's short but i promise the next chapter will be long and I'm trying to finish it now.

So bare with me please. Thanx I appreciate you guys so much.

"What are you making?" I asked Carter as I sat down at the table after I had finished getting ready. He stood at the stove preparing something in a pan.

"Eggs, grits, and bacon." 

"How come you like cooking so much?" I curiously asked him.

"I don't know. It's just something I like to do. I did live in a house with four women," he said facing me. "Why? Would you rather me not cook."  

"I love your cooking, so I don't mind." 

He chuckled. "Good because I like my cooking too." I watched as he pulled plates down from the cabinets and filled each plate with food. He brought two plates over to the table and left the other two on the counter; i'm guessing that those were for his mom and Sasha.

I got up and grabbed two glasses and some orange juice from the fridge and brought it to the table.

"We should hurry up. We don't want to be late for school since we have already missed two days in a row."

I nodded and proceeded to eat my food. I could still feel the separation between us. He was still upset with me; it was just my intuition because things just didn't seem the same.

Moments later Sasha and her mom entered the kitchen.

"Breakfast is on the stove," Carter told them.

"Come on Sasha, come eat," Carmen said bringing the plate over to the table.

Sasha climbed in the chair opposite from me. "Hey Lizzie" 

"Hey princess," I replied. She chuckled and began eating.

"Do I not get a hey?" Carter asked jealously. 

She smiled her childish grin. "Hey Carter," she said.

"Hey Sasha." He was so dumb. He averted his attention to his mom who was standing against the counter. "Aren't you going to eat?" Carter asked his mom.

"No, I have a business breakfast." 

I looked up. Was this the kind of business I thought it was? Reed business. I could tell by the look on Carter's face that his thoughts were the same as mine.

"And I'm sort of late, so Carter, would you take Sasha to school for me?" 

"And while I'm at it, why don't I do everything else," he muttered. I elbowed him and he shot me a look that I couldn't quite understand. I looked at Carmen who had a hurtful look playing across her face but she quickly masked it once she realized that I was studying her.