Chapter 11

Dream's POV:

I watched the training course from my balcony, looking down at some papers that needed to be done for the future. I eyed each and every person, gathering close information from just how they move, talk, act, and what strategies they had. Some of them seemed like they just wanted to be in this course for bragging rights, or money. Some where there for just being silly or for their family. A few others I saw were there to truly show themselves. To fight to their full potential. I eyed someone in particular closely, keeping my distance, yes, but still looking.

I slid my hands into my pockets as I watched, fiddling with my fingers anxiously. Most of them were new to fighting, I could tell. I watched her closely, eyeing her quick movements. She was using Sapnap's stance, how smart.

I could see her opponent was getting on her nerves. He used more attack moves than defensive moves, where as she did the opposite of him.

I noticed that he was the new guard from when we had Y/n in the cell. I could sense he was bad news already.

Sliding my hands out of my pockets, I moved towards my table, putting down the papers.

A commotion was heard from said courtyard. I felt a sudden pit in my stomach. Deciding to look to see what happened, my feet quickly moved on the floor going to overlook the balcony.

A sudden shock washed over my face, I noticed y/n on the ground, hurt. Someone stepped in front of her to block the opponents hit from a..sword. My jaw ticked, my eyes darting from her to the one guard.

I could sense that she was scared of him. Feared him even, at the sudden moment. I saw her get help from a small ram-like teenager as they both started to walk back towards the castle.

I had to warn George and Sapnap about this. I turned on my heel, heading out my chamber door.

~
Y/n's POV:

As we walked along the hallways, I kept glancing at my new friend. He kept asking if I was okay, to which my answer was always a 'I'm fine.' Yes, my cheek was bleeding but hopefully the healer was going to make it better.

"Are you sure you're okay? Tommy my friend, should be joining us soon! I'm sure he told that guy off!" He giggled, his ears and little stubby horns doing a little wiggle. He seemed very hyperactive and cheery, but also kind.

"I'm just wondering, why did you enter the guard training program?" I asked, turning my eyes away from the ground to look at his own.

"Oh..it's quite a long story. Do you want me to tell you?" He replied back.

"Sure, I don't mind, I can tell you why I joined if you want as-well?"

"Okay!" He did a little hop, but started to rant on about his story.

"Well awhile ago, Tommy had a fight with his brothers about wanting to become a guard! But, his brothers didn't want him to, saying he was too young. So he wanted to run away from the kingdom we lived at. Since I'm his friend, I couldn't just say no! My family life was rough as well so I followed him. And our journey led here! Now we're able to live in a nice house together and work as new guards!" He sighed loudly after finishing up his story. It seemed like a tough life for them. They're teenagers, they're still young to be alone. 'At least he seemed excited about it.'

"How about you?" He questioned.

"Mines more complicated I guess. I'll just keep it sweet and simple." I laughed, putting a strand of hair behind my ear. He nodded, as he looked eager to still hear it.