Prologue

Hello, so this is my first story here on wattpad... I don't know if I'm gonna go through it, it depends on how much reads it gets... Anyways, here it is! :) Hope you like it, I'll be uploading the next part after the first few votes... So, enjoy! :) <3 I dedicated this part to LostinParadise25 because she's my favouriet wattpad writer. :) <3

********************************************************************************************************************************

"Goodnight, my dearie!" Aunt Mary said, laying me down in my bed softly and giving me a night kiss as she saw that I started blinking and nodding off more and more. "Thats it for tonight." 

"That's it?! You can't just stop right before the interesting part!" I protested and forgot how tired I was at once. "I wanna hear what happened to Cinderella! Did the prince find him? Did he?! I'm sure he did! I don't think he'd ever give up!" 

Auntie Mary laughed. She really was such a sweet woman. I loved her more than anyone in the world. She had blonde hair, just like me, and she always tied it up in a light bun. She had a lovely smile, that just lit up your day by looking at it. I always thought she was the loveliest woman in the world.  

"Alright, my little cupcake!" I loved it when she called me like that." So the wicked stepmother locked Cinderella in her room, so she couldn't come out and get near the prince. You know, she wanted her daughter to marry the prince and become queen, not a little maid!" 

"But her daughter was ugly and the prince would never love her!" I said wide eyed. 

"Of course he wouldn't! But not because she was ugly, but because she was so cruel and mean! You know, real princes, the best princes in the world don't look at the outside, they only care what's inside..."

"And he loved Cinderella, so he would never love someone else!" 

"Yes" my auntie smiled and continued. "So, the duke arrived soon with the glass slipper, carefully prepeared for the pretty girls to try on, on a velvet cushion. You know, they really had to look after it, because it was made out of glass, and it could break really easily. And then the prince would have nothing to find his princess with the help of. So the duke stepped in and called forth the young ladies of the house. The wicked stepsister ran there at once, a huge grin on her face, and grabbed the slipper violently from the cushion. She started to squeeze her foot in the slipper, but it just didn't go in. Because you know, Cinderella had really small feet. Much smaller, than most girls. So the wicked step sister just tried and tried, struggling like this" Aunt Mary said, starting to grunt and pull at her foot. I started to laugh at the funny faces she showed me. "'This is not good'" said the duke then. 'The glass slipper does not belong to you.' he said and picked up the slipper as the wicked stepsister whinced. 'Oh, but pleaseeee! It IS my slipper, it's just that... that... my feet grew a bit since the ball. And you know how it is with glass slippers getting smaller after dancing in them!' she squealed and I laughed at the way Auntie copied her. "'Everyone says that. Sorry, ma'am!' the duke said and started to walk away, carefully holding the cushion with the glass slipper on it, knowing that the king would cut his head off, if it only got the smallest scrach.

Just then, as the duke was ready to go away, he heard a beautiful woman's voice say: 'May I try the slipper on?' she asked gently and politely.

The duke looked at her, and thought he saw an angel. There was a beautiful maiden with golden blonde hair and dazzling blue eyes. Her face glowed from excitement, and even though she wore, I may say, one of the ugliest dresses, and her hands and face were a bit dirty from working all day, the duke could freely say that she was the most beautiful young woman in the entire world, and truly deserved to become a happy queen." I listened to my aunt wide eyed, my mouth slightly open, not able to say a word. I snuggled closer to my Aunt.

I smiled up at her. She really was such a great storyteller. I loved her. 

But this happy moment didn't last long. 

"So..." my aunt started to continue, but suddenly we heard someone burst through the front door. My smile faded and we looked at each other with my Auntie. We both knew who it was.

My dad. He came home drunk again. Infact, he came home drunk every night. Sometimes he stayed with other women for the night though. I know it was bad to even think like that, but I actually liked that better. I felt safer alone with my mum and Auntie.

My mum was a really nice woman too actually, but she was always distressed because of my dad. She looked much older than how old she really was because of her fears. Sometimes she cried for days. There were very few times, when she spent time with me. Those were good though. 

We heard shouting from downstairs. My eyes watered, but my aunt pulled me closer to her and shushed me. 

"It's okay, sweetie..." she said. "I'll continue the story, okay?" I nodded, but I didn't really have the mood anymore. I could only think about my parents argueing and calling each other names I knew I shouldn't be hearing as a seven year old little girl. 

"So, Cinderella ran down the stairs excitedly, and reached for the glass slipper that the duke handed to her on the velvet cushion. She sat down on the stool-" 

"I'll shoot if you say one more word!" we heard from downstairs, and I just sat there wide eyed, in my aunt's lap. 

"Please... stop... there's a child in the house!" I heard my mother cry quietly, afraid of my dad, and her fearful voice sent chills down my spine. 

"Shut up or I'll shoot! I had enough of your worries and cries and all of your dumb family!" my dad shouted. " Don't you come to me with that kid again! I hate her and I hate you!" my dad's words rang in my head.

My aunt tensed and stood up. 

"Where are you going?" I asked scared. 

"Don't worry dear, nothing's going to happen..." she said. 

"Don't go!" I stood up and ran to her. 

"Lacie! You must stay here! You're safe here!" aunt Mary said angrily, but forced a smile, once she saw my scared little face. "Everything's going to be okay... You know I wouldn't lie to you..." she kissed my forehead. It was a sweet and loving kiss that is gently given. Like farewell kisses that you never forget, even the touch of them, and every circumstance that it was given in. I could see in my aunt's eye that it isn't going to be alright." I love you." 

After that I lived everything slowly. It was all a blur. My aunt stepped out of my room and walked down the stairs to my parents. I went after my Auntie and peered down to see my dad shoot my Aunt. I shrieked and ran back into my room, and hid under my bed. I started to cry with all my heart. I was scared, and my Aunt, the one I most loved, the one I could only count on was shoot. I probably won't see her ever again. I won't hear her laugh. I won't see her smile. I won't hear her stories anymore. She will never be able to finish this story for me. I'll never know what happened in the end. She'll only be living in my mind.

 Though I wanted to forget at once, my head kept replaying it. My dad with the angry look on his face, pointing the gun at my aunt and shooting, then my aun'ts last, fearful cry, and her elegant body gently falling and smashing to the ground. I heard everyone's voice blurring up in one in my head. My mum shouting at me to get inside my room, the gun, my aunt's cry, and my own tears falling. Then I heard Auntie's last words to me. 

"Everything's going to be okay... You know I wouldn't lie to you... I love you" them her last kiss." Everything's going to be okay... you know I wouldn't lie to you... Everything's going to be okay..." It kept echoing in my head. But you did lie to me. You did leave me alone. I have no one in this world now. No one loves me. You left me alone. I was left alone...