twenty three

Lalla's thoughts were quickly disrupted as she felt the Boga slide around a turn. She shook her head slightly, focusing back on controlling the creature. She tried to ignore the bad feeling in her stomach as best she could. They raced after Grievous, Lalla pushing the Boga with her heals a bit more as they made their way next to Grevious.

She watched as the general tried to hit them with an electrostaff, Lalla grabbing the spare lightsaber and tossing it back to Obi-Wan, him easily blocking the staff with it. Lalla couldn't exactly see what had happened, but suddenly the saber was placed back on her belt and Obi was holding the electrostaff. Lalla just tried to keep her attention on the road ahead.

Suddenly Lalla felt Obi-Wan fly off the back of the saddle and onto Grevious' odd ship. Lalla l's eyes widened as she chases after them, watching as
Obi-Wan struggled to stay on with Grevious. A few blaster shots went off but they hit nothing as they sped down the dirt road.

Lalla pulled the Boga to a stop, jumping off and landing on her feet as both Obi-Wan and Grevious flew off the ship and onto the ground. She watched for a moment as the ship flew off the platform, instantly being destroyed.

She ran toward Obi-Wan, helping him up as she went to grab her lightsaber. She took it in her left hand, the white blade illuminating her robes once again as she blocked a blaster shot. Obi-Wan grabbed the electrostaff, easily hitting the blaster away from Grevious.

Lalla stepped back as Obi-Wan continued to attack, knocking the droid to the ground. He raised the staff and brought it down into Grevious' chest, only for the general to bring his foot up and kick Obi-Wan away. Lalla watched as Obi-Wan landed on the ground harshly, raising her saber back up immediately while turning toward Grevious.

"You ugly son of a bitch" She said under her breath as he grabbed the electrostaff, blocking the lightsaber from slicing his head off.

She pulled the saber back, bringing it back down quickly toward Grevious only for him to block it again. She watched from the corner of her eye as Obi-Wan ran up behind her, trying to throw a punch at Grevious. Grevious ended up throwing him into a ship, Lalla knowing she would've rolled her eyes if she wasn't so focused at the moment.

The combat continued, Lalla having the upper hand as Obi-Wan gathered himself and stood. Grevious shoved Lalla away with the staff, her sliding back as he quickly turned toward Obi.

The Jedi tried to punch him again, Grevious grabbed his fist before trying to punch Obi-Wan's face. Luckily Obi-Wan ducked in time, a large dent being formed in the ship that was behind his head. Grevious, in frustration, threw Obi-Wan to the side, Lalla swinging her lightsaber around a few times as she walked toward Grevious again.

She watched as Grevious turned back toward her, Obi-Wan standing up slowly, only to be kicked in the face by the droid. Lalla took as deep breath, trying to control the anger that she felt before she pushed off the ground jumping in the air over Grevious and landing so that she was standing over Obi-Wan. She pointed her Saber at the droid, glaring at him as he chuckled.

"Stupid girl" Was all he said before bringing the staff up, hitting her saber. Lalla held the saber with both hands, keeping the staff a good length away from her face.

Before Lalla knew what was happening Grevious pulled the staff away quickly and brought the other end up, searing the side of her calf. Lalla let out a small scream, the pain distracting her as she put her saber back on her belt without thinking.

She looked back up only to watch Grevious bring his leg up and kick her stomach. She felt her felt fly through the air, her hand coming out as she quickly caught herself on the side of the platform. She groaned in pain, bringing her other arm up easily as she caught herself. She started to climb up, only to watch Obi-Wan slide off the edge, his hand grabbing onto her leg.

She felt them almost fall, her closing her eyes as she practically begged the force to help hold them up. She hands held onto the side desperately as Obi-Wan climbed up her body, one arm resting around her shoulders as she watched him stick his other arm out. The blaster flew into his hand, him quickly shooting Grevious in the torso, Lalla watching as he burst into flames. They watched him fall to the ground in silence, both not exactly knowing what to do.

Obi-Wan brought his feet up to the back of Lalla's calf's, pushing off of them so that he could jump up onto the platform. As soon as he landed he quickly turned and grabbed Lalla's biceps pulling up. She sat on the ground in front of him, shaking her hands out a bit as she looked up at him.

"I say we retire after this" She suggested, Obi-Wan just rolling his eyes playfully as he helped her up. They walked toward Grevious together, Lalla wincing a bit at the droid, the smell of burnt metal being very strong.

"So uncivilized" Obi-Wan mumbled, Lalla snickering a bit as he tossed the blaster onto his body. Lalla leaned into Obi-Wan's side, his hand coming around her waist as her knees buckled a bit.

"We should treat that quickly" He said as he looked down at her wound. Lalla just nodded, not complaining Obi-Wan sat her on the ground and started to inspect the wound.

"Wait" She mumbled, her eyebrows furrowing as she felt that bad feeling in her gut once again.

"What is it darling?" Obi asked as she held his forearm in her hand. She looked up at Obi-Wan, her eyes filling with tears as she stared at her master.

"Ani" She breathed, Obi-Wan's eyebrows furrowing as he looked down at her.

"What about him?"

"He's- Palpatine" She said after a moment, realizing what had happened.

"W-We need to go, he needs help" She said quickly, pushing off Anakin and getting up. Obi-Wan just nodded, both knowing that this was not going to end the way they wished.

"Every single Jedi, including your friend Obi-Wan Kenobj, and even your sister is now an enemy of the republic" Palpatine said, Anakin looking up at the mention of Lalla.

"I-" He started to say, taking a deep breath as he thought about his sister. His older sister. His Lalla. He knew that she had to save her, keep her alive, even if it meant sacrificing himself.

"I understand master"